- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer, Data Quality and Use
Senior Technical Officer, Data Quality and Use will work directly under the Technical Advisor, Data Management, Analysis & Knowledge Management to enhance and support a robust information system for the PEPFAR/Centre for Disease Control (CDC) funded, FHI 360-led Technical Assistance (TA) Project to the Eastern Province Health Office (EPHO). S/he will work to ensure reporting of quality data that accurately reflect PHO and project performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Technical Advisor, Data Management, Analysis & Knowledge Management to support the EPHO in collecting high quality data that meets donor and project reporting and management needs.
- Design and roll-out project dashboards, coordinate data analysis and presentation during situation room meetings.
- Develop and roll out data quality assurance plans, SOPs and tools
- Conduct data quality assessments, and support the EPHO in integrating and implementing a routine data quality assurance process.
- Support EPHO to develop and design databases including applications for data capture and input, report generation, retrieval of data and other functions
- Support EPHO needs assessment activities and work with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases, enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Support EPHO to conduct advanced data analytics and visualization including design and maintenance of real-time dashboards at different levels of the project
- Support EPHO to develop systems for high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Support EPHO to provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Support EPHO in the implementation of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) and quality improvement (QI) at project sites.
- Support EPHO to build capacity of staff, and other stakeholders in program data management research and learning methods.
- Support EPHO to contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Support EPHO to deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related Quantitative fields with a minimum 5 years practical experience in data management. Good data analysis and report writing skills. Experience working with Microsoft Excel for data visualization and management Experience working with Microsoft Access for data management Experience designing and implementing relational databases, with special emphasis on the Relational Model Experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) for data manipulation and reporting Experience working with an industry enterprise relational database system like:
- Microsoft SQL Server
The following will be an added advantage:
- Working knowledge of any programming language and software development environment (Web / Mobile development)
- Experience working with Monitoring and Evaluation systems in an PEPFAR Health and/or HIV/AIDS program environment
- Working knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR reporting systems and DHIS2
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record (EMR) like SmartCare
- Working knowledge of least one statistical package like SAS, SPSS, STATA, R
- Working knowledge of GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS
- Knowledge of data visualization/BI software like Tableau and Power BI
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties