Senior Technical Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Technical Advisor, REACH Malaria
Please note this position is contingent upon award to PATH and approval from USAID.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. In close collaboration with PATH’s Digital Health teams, we work directly with national governments in low and middle-income countries to select, adapt and scale appropriate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for long term use in their country to address health challenges specific to malaria. Our services span the entire software development lifecycle from supporting analysis of digital health needs to the deployment and long-term use of those technologies. The PATH team coordinates closely with government ministries of health, the ICT sector, other global health NGOs and donors to improve the governance, design, development, acquisition, implementation, and sustainability of digital health technologies and approaches to support our malaria control efforts.
PATH seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for the USAID-funded Reaching every at-risk community and household with malaria services (REACH Malaria) project. The purpose of the anticipated contract is to provide implementation support services and technical assistance to countries to accelerate progress in comprehensive delivery of facility and community-based malaria services, including malaria case management, prevention of malaria in pregnancy (MiP), seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC), health systems strengthening, data collection and use for service delivery, and other malaria prevention interventions.
The Senior Technical Director is considered key personnel and must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below. This individual will be responsible for providing technical leadership and supporting the Project Director with their responsibilities.
• Spearhead the technical leadership, management, and monitoring of project activity implementation, and ensure adherence to PMI technical guidance and global best practices.
• Provide support to project countries, ensuring high-quality interventions across all technical areas.
• Manage introduction and scale-up of technical interventions.
• Support developing project work plans and guide the design of specific, quantifiable performance indicators and targets for core and country programs, and reporting results.
• Contribute to identifying and scaling-up best practices in malaria diagnosis and case management, malaria in pregnancy, and community case management.
• Lead documentation and dissemination of project activities.
• Identify short-term technical assistance needs and assist with recruiting consultants as appropriate.
• Lead relationships with local and regional partners in support of capacity building efforts.
• Mentor and guide project teams across geographies and the PATH Malaria portfolio.
• Master’s degree or higher in public health, medical sciences, or other related area.
• Minimum of 15 years of professional experience working on malaria control or related programs with at least 10 years of senior technical leadership designing and implementing malaria control or related programs in service delivery activities, collaborating closely with National Malaria Control Programs and other government and civil society stakeholders at country level.
• Demonstrated international credibility as a leader on malaria diagnosis and/or case management and/or or malaria in pregnancy, and/or chemoprevention strategies.
• Proven experience in working with senior-level representatives of ministries of health and other national government stakeholders, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society organizations, and private sector organizations.
• Demonstrated management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
• Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills required.
• Ability to interact professionally in French and/or Portuguese an advantage.
• Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 25%.
PATH continues to evolve to support our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, most of PATH’s US based positions are temporarily 100% remote, within commuting distance to our PATH offices. When PATH transitions more broadly to in-person work, we will operate with a hybrid workplace model. Hybrid employees must reside within commuting distance to one of our PATH offices. PATH’s US offices are located in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
PATH has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees, interns, consultants, and temporary staff based in the United States. Individuals selected for job opportunities in the United States must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination status, upon hire. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationUSA, DRC, ET, GH, MZ, SN, TZ, UG, ZambiaCompany LocationWashington DC, USA; DRC; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Mozambique; Senegal; Tanzania; Uganda; OR ZambiaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .