Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia.
Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC).
Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy, while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values legitimacy, transparency and integrity.
Reports to: Senior Planning Manager
To carry out topographic surveys, updating of mine operations and mine workings.
- Ensure timely mining and mine workings pick-ups to maintain up to date survey records.
- Conduct topographic surveys on exploration projects and prepares maps/plans detailing traverses. levels and defining the zone of prospect in order to enable the geological section to trace the required areas and carry out work effectively.
- Conduct mid/month-end pick-up for volumetric/tonnage calculations.
- Ensures that all the survey equipment is kept safely and in good order to maintain accuracy.
- Liaise with Geologists for geo-mapping and maintain a record of production points.
- Periodic stock/tailing yard surveys at the washing plant to enable calculation of balance stocks.
- Periodic surveys of waste dumps to nsure dumping areas do not exceeded planned areas.
- Staking out of bench/berm crest/toe and profiling of both berms and ramps.
- Training of survey assistants (helpers) on how to use and care for survey equipment.
- Ensure safety of survey crew during all survey operations.
Qualifications / Experience & Skills
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Diploma/Degree in mine surveying.
- 3 years’ work experience in a mining operations preferably open pit mining.
- Good computer skills with excellent practical experience in Surpac, AutoCAD and other related software.
- Excellent knowledge of the current mining regulations.
- The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site.
Method of Application
Send your applications (Covering letter and CV only) to
The Head-Human Resources by mail to;
Certificates will only be required at the interview stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed an report such individuals to the police immediately.