UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Social Protection …
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
The overall objective is to support the ongoing identification and provision for all Data and Information Management related needs in the implementation of the Social Cash Transfer programme.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support all data management related work and systems development for the Social Cash Transfer programme -at national and sub-national levels
Please see Detailed TOR for more information on the tasks and deliverables, here TOR – Senior Social Welfare Consultancy (Social Cash Transfer Data Management).pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education And Experience Requirements
- University degree in computer science, information technology, telecommunications or related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in data and information management with either government, private sector or Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Experience and knowledge on Microsoft Visual Studio .NET /SQL Server 2008 systems development environment; Systems integration; Internet, mobile and web-based technologies;
- Experience developing and maintaining management information systems and related tools; as well as in project management, preferably in a public-sector environment
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and interpret end user information needs; to effectively collaborate with counterparts with different technical and sectoral backgrounds;
- Experience in providing training and capacity building, including technology tools for policy use;
- Familiarity with the background and rationale of the Social Cash Transfer scheme or other social assistance programmes;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and fluency in English; knowledge of any main local languages will be added advantage (Nyanja, Bemba, Tonga, Lunda, Luvale, Kaonde, Lozi).
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Please remember to express your financial proposals (and/or professional consultancy fees) in Zambian Kwacha for Zambian Nationals and USD for Non Zambian applicants.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com .