- Company: Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in ZambiaHealthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Position: Senior Safety Systems Officer
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Safety Systems.
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position Senior Safety Systems Officer
Reporting to the Coordinator – Safety Systems, your primary focus is to ensure the safety section maintains effective and efficient data integrity in the workplace with regards to Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems based on ISO45001:2018 OHSMS.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of LMC’s OHS management system to a standard that is compatible with Barrick and ISO45001:2018 OHSMS,
- Provision of advice, support and statistical data to safety personnel and other end – users,
- Administration of Incident management system – Isometrix, monitor and report on site incident trends, audit reports and corrective action undertaken,
- Administer and maintain safety related documentation and records,
- Schedule internal system internal audits based on ISO45001:2018 OHSMS requirements,
- Assist in organizing external and third-party audits,
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations, risk assessments and any other safety forums,
- Identification and implementation of continual improvement opportunities,
- Develop, implement, and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team,
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up-to-date job procedures for all tasks performed within the team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate,
- Minimum Diploma in OHS or NEBOSH International Certificate in OHS,
- Additional qualifications in ISO45001:2018 OHSMS such as lead implementor, internal or lead auditor essential,
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience with at least 2 years in a mining or industrial environment and at least 3 years in a senior health and safety role,
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader,
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness,
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia,
- Demonstrated application of continual improvement ideas.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.