Senior Human Resource Officer
Jobs at:Mary Begg Health Services
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing HR support functions to MBHS which include recruitment, staffing, performance monitoring and disciplinary.
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or any business related course.
• Must be registered with the Zambian Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) and maintain a valid practicing license.
• Training in payroll administration is essential and must have an understanding of accounting principles.
• Ensure that MBHS standard operating policies and procedures are followed with regards to the HR department and ZIHRM code of ethics.
• Always adheres to the MBHS Code of Conduct and provides high quality, professional and friendly service at all times.
• Must maintain good knowledge and understanding of the Zambian Labour laws, rules and regulations of MBHS and give good and sound advice to the Company’s employees.
• Ensures all legal and national regulations are upheld at all times and the Company maintains a good reputation.
• Unconditional acceptance of the Mary Begg confidentiality agreement regarding patient information, staff information and all matters relating to Mary Begg business. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action and/or dismissal from post.
Reporting into the Human Resource Manager, this role will be responsible for:
• The Senior HR Officer is responsible for processing payroll and maintaining the employee database regarding salary and pay.
• Address any discrepancies/queries/issues related to the Companies payroll records to ensure compliance to all statutory requirements and raise concerns to the HR Manager immediately for further action or follow-up.
• Generate weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports to the HR Manager or as requested. Deliver all requested reports on time and completed.
• To work very closely with the site HR assistants in ensuring that all payroll inputs are captured accurately and timely.
• Provide training and support to the sites and help in resolving payroll issues.
• Produce monthly overtime reports
• Provide analysis and support that allows effective decision making around overtime
• Provide support in reconciliation and identification of payroll errors
• Participating in annual and quarterly budgeting processes
• Identify opportunities for performance improvement through payroll data analysis.
• Coordinating with other members of the HR team to review payroll information and forecasts
• Identifying trends that will help the HR team and department heads in manpower planning by providing recommendations for improvement
• Maintain a database of all expatriate staff and ensure that all expatriate staff have valid employment permits.
• Ensure timely application of employment permit renewals to ensure compliance with the Immigration requirements of Zambia.
• Facilitate for the collection of employment permits for expatriates.
• Provide HR support and advice to HR Officers, and Managers in order to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
• Maintain good industrial harmony by ensuring well-coordinated communication on all employee wellness issues and implementation of policies and procedures
• Conduct disciplinary hearing for staff up to the level of mid Management
• Work with Unions, Employees and Managers, sometimes on contentious issues.
• Monitor staff performance and attendance activities
• Ensure all payroll inputs are correctly captured and recorded and provide training to HR Officers.
• Set up and maintain all general employee payroll records.
• Provide HR support to ensure the team delivers on its objectives,
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by the HR Manager.
• Exhibits professional conduct at all times towards patients/clients and staff members.
• Does not engage in personal confrontation with fellow employees but seeks better ways of resolving grievances by engaging the right people to sort out any grievances.
• Does not engage in any social conduct that brings the name of the company to disrepute.
• Undergone in-house training on good customer service
• No complaints are reported against the employee relating to unprofessional behaviour (i:e bullying patients, rude, yelling etc).
• Must have at least 4-5 years’ post-qualification
• Experience in payroll management.
• Attend in-house training seminars as mandated by the HR Manager.
• Good maths and accounting skills are required for this role.
• Good analytical skills
• Demonstrates effective teamwork with other members of the HR team and healthcare team.
• Communicate with staff in a clear and professional manner.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
• Excellent Judgement
• Critical thinking
• Problem Solving skills
• Strong Communication skills
• Service minded, time management and Quality care minded.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Always adhere to the MBHS uniform policy and code of conduct.
• May be required to travel to other MBHS facilities as directed by the HR Manager.
• Must be honest, trustworthy and act with integrity at all times.
• No consumption of alcohol is allowed whilst on duty. Intake of alcohol while off duty is allowed but inebriation is forbidden in public.
• Ensure reports are produced from accurate and reliable information with a clear audit trail.
• Produces work of a standard that is acceptable to the HR Manager and the General Manager
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.