- Company: Mary Begg Health Services
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
At MBCC, The Senior Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing HR support functions to MBHS which include recruitment, staffing, performance monitoring and disciplinary.
Reporting into the Human Resource Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- The Senior HR Officer is responsible for processing payroll and maintaining the employee database regarding salary and pay.
- Address any discrepancies/queries/issues related to the Companies payroll records to ensure compliance to all statutory requirements and raise concerns to the HR Manager immediately for further action or follow-up.
- Generate weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports to the HR Manager or as requested.
- Deliver all requested reports on time and completed.
- To work very closely with the site HR assistants in ensuring that all payroll inputs are captured accurately and timely.
- Provide training and support to the sites and help in resolving payroll issues.
- Produce monthly overtime reports
- Provide analysis and support that allows effective decision making around overtime
- Provide support in reconciliation and identification of payroll errors
- Participating in annual and quarterly budgeting processes
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement through payroll data analysis.
- Coordinating with other members of the HR team to review payroll information and forecasts
- Identifying trends that will help the HR team and department heads in manpower planning by providing recommendations for improvement
- Maintain a database of all expatriate staff and ensure that all expatriate staff have valid employment permits.
- Ensure timely application of employment permit renewals to ensure compliance with the Immigration requirements of Zambia.
- Facilitate for the collection of employment permits for expatriates.
- Provide HR support and advice to HR Officers, and Managers in order to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- Maintain good industrial harmony by ensuring well-coordinated communication on all employee wellness issues and implementation of policies and procedures
- Conduct disciplinary hearing for staff up to the level of mid Management
- Work with Unions, Employees and Managers, sometimes on contentious issues.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities
- Ensure all payroll inputs are correctly captured and recorded and provide training to HR Officers. Set up and maintain all general employee payroll records.
- Provide HR support to ensure the team delivers on its objectives,
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the HR Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or any business related course .
- Must have at least 4-5 years post-qualification
- Must be registered with the Zambian Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) and maintain a valid practicing license.
- Training and experience in payroll administration is essential and must have an understanding of accounting principles.
- Good maths and accounting skills are required for this role.
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrates effective teamwork with other members of the HR team and healthcare team.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English