Sable Zinc Kabwe Ltd is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior Health, Safety & Environment Officer.
- The Senior HSE Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe work environment, performing safety audits in order to prevent injury to workers, damage to property and ensuring legal compliance. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Formulating and implementing occupational health and safety strategies and systems, including policies, procedures and manuals.
- Ensuring legislative compliance is maintained.
- Environmental monitoring and awareness.
- Providing advice, support and coaching to employees and contractors alike in relation to management of health and safety risks.
- Conduct workplace safety audits and inspections across the site.
- Maintain safety related documentation and records.
- Monitor and report on site incident trends, audit reports and corrective action undertaken.
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations, risk assessments and any other safety forums.
- Oversee health and safety related training and presentations.
- Conduct workplace random alcohol screening.
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Proactively identify issues as they arise and identify solutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and environmental awareness.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in HSE related discipline (Degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of four years professional experience in HSE related role
- Experience on mining site, in the construction and/or mechanic sector
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Good Computer literacy
Method of Application
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to submit copies of their certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae to this email below with the subject line titled ‘Senior HSE Officer Application’).