At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
As the overall technical lead, the Senior HIV Prevention Advisor will support the design and implementation of the evidence-based HIV prevention interventions. The Senior HIV Prevention Advisor will also be indirectly responsible for providing technical support to Z-CHPP implementing partners and stakeholders in five (6) provinces covering (11) districts. In addition, he/she will provide technical leadership towards strengthening of existing biomedical, behavioral, and structural HIV prevention interventions for Z-CHPP. The Senior HIV Prevention Advisor will directly supervise the HIV Prevention Technical Advisor, Gender Advisor, Economic Strengthening Advisor and SBCC/CC Advisor and work closely with the Senior DREAMS Manager and the Monitoring and Evaluation Director to ensure effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of the HIV prevention component of the project.
- Indirectly support sub partners in designing and implementation of targeted and evidence-based HIV prevention strategies and interventions.
- Assist sub partners to build technical skills in HIV prevention, as well as strengthening organizational capacity to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of HIV prevention services.
- Assist the sub partners in planning the implementation of HIV prevention services as per the approved work plans and budgets.
- Provide ongoing support to sub partners in monitoring and reporting of HIV prevention activities to USAID other relevant stakeholders.
- Support implementing partners identify and determinate lessons learned from the project activities.
- Remain informed on current programs and emerging issues in the field of HIV prevention and development related issues.
- Perform any other prevention duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Dynamic and motivated individual with significant understanding of HIV and AIDS in Zambia. Familiarity with Zambian public health sector system, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience in implementation of combination HIV prevention interventions as well as sexual and reproductive health services in Zambia.
- Experience in project development, proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training.
- Experience developing collaborative relationships and liaising with senior level government officials, community leaders, and donors.
- Post graduate qualification in health-related field with at least 3-5 years’ experience in providing technical support in HIV Prevention and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
- Good grasp of Safe and Ethical Index Testing (SEIT) implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Ability to provide HIV Prevention and SEIT capacity development strengthening support to Local Organizations
- Ability to use standard computer and software applications.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building competencies coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills and computer skills required.
- Fluency in written/spoken English required. Knowledge of Zambian languages is a plus.
- Proven experience functioning as a member of the Senior Management Team in a large and complex project.
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting & evaluation of large and complex international donor-funded programs. Leadership roles in implementing USAID-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with gender and social inclusion (GESI) mainstreaming approaches strongly preferred
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV indicating the Job Title in the Subject line: