The Senior Data CentreAdministrator will maintain, monitor, secure and support the network andsystems infrastructure of the Data Center. The officer – will be in-charge of systemsprovisioning for clients and ensuring effective resource utilization. He willalso maintain, monitor, support and secure storage and cloud services.
- Provision Storage for Data Centre Clients.
- Support Data Centre clients on Storage requirements andbackup services
- Server Decommissions: ensure that all server storage iscleaned up and reclaimed after a server has been decommissioned or migrated.
- Re-label SAN ports to show that they are no longer usedpost migration.
- Maintain backups for all systems and client repositories.
- Implement cloud technologies and monitor their performance.
Cloud Services Provisioning
- Virtual machines provisioning
- Implement Software and patch updates.
- Support decommissioning efforts
- Implement security for all network nodes.
- Monitor the operations of network links.
- Handle support calls and advise clients in customerfriendly manner.
- Report on all matters affecting service quality.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of the equipment in thedata centre.
- Maintain data on Client Equipment and all required attributes.
System Health Checks
- Perform basic daily and weekly system health checks toascertain system uptime.
- Ensure compliance to privacy and security standards atall times.
- Monitor the operations of servers, storage and otherclient nodes in order to ensure a high service uptime as per SLA metrics.
Incident Management System
- Update the incident management system with appropriateinformation whenever any incident occurs;
- Resolve any relevant incidents
- Provide periodical reports for all operations
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Full Grade 12 Certificate
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Member of EIZ or ICTAZ
Minimum of three (3) years of information technologyexperience with a focus on networks and telecommunications administration
Competencies required for this Role
- Good knowledge ofVirtualisation
- Good knowledge of StorageAdministration
- Has extensive technicalknowledge in data centre operations
- Applies broader knowledge ofstandards to work assignments
- Enhances his/her technicalknowledge through continuous learning
- Identifies problems/issues
- Strength in networkinspections and cable management
- Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment toestablished analysis and
- standard approaches
- Integrates/evaluates multiple factors todevelop creative practical solutions
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Ability to follow and strictlyadhere to procedures
- Analytical thinking
- Wide knowledge of risks andthreats;
- Ability to prioritize risksand threats to network systems;
- Ready to consult widely andefficiently and work as a team with other IT specialists;
- Ability to quickly respond toany user query;
- Quick learner, eager to leverage newtechnologies in a dynamic team environment
To apply for this job please visit www.enchito.co.zm .