Senior Accountant- Revenue Accounting
Jobs at:National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Accountant- Revenue Accounting
Reporting to the Manager Revenue Accounting, the Senior Accountant Revenue Accounting shall be a Resource in Finance, paying close attention to the Fund Contribution Returns and Collections, Investments monthly valuations and amortizations, Accreditation fees invoicing and all other receivable accounts ensuring that such schedules, ledgers, statements are accurately recorded, analyzed, and reported with sufficient detail at the end of every week, month and year.
The key functions of the role will include but not limited to the following:
• Manages and supervises the daily receipting of returns and contributions payments into eNHIMA and prescribed accounting system for the Fund by passing appropriate entries in the Fund’s Ledger accounts and ensures that there are no errors in the schedules, ledgers, and revenue/receipts records.
• Works directly with employers and registered members to ensure their returns and contributions are appropriately approved and accounts updated without delay;
• Monitors and tracks compliance of the National Health Insurance Scheme by reviewing returns and contribution payments made and promptly providing regular revenue reports to stakeholders for contribution follow ups
• Participates in the Budget Preparation process by providing revenue projections for Authority Revenue streams in collaboration with responsible Departments
• Reviews and checks for compliance for time to pay agreements (TPAs) entered into with defaulting employers and registered members;
• Undertakes monthly periodic reconciliations of all Account Receivables thereby updating the Aged Debtors Analysis.
• Monitors and implements the Debt Management Policy
• Prepares monthly revenue forecasts including monthly revenue analysis and calculations per portfolio segmentation for ease of effective contribution follow ups;
• Prepares, reviews and captures invoices for all Accredited facilities on a timely basis.
• Ensures 100% collection of all outstanding accreditation fees
• Supervises and ensures that investments held on a monthly basis are correctly revalued in line with the respective accounting policies, reconciled and assessed for impairment
• Assists in providing information for financial audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
• Assists in implementing controls and reports control deficiencies to enhance revenue collection.
• Brainstorms with other members of the accounting and related departments to develop better financial revenue projections and maximize revenue collections
• Collaborates with the Compliance and Inspectorate Unit in the execution of inspections and demand notices
• Must initiate, drive and lead contribution collections engagements with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides support and guidance to Revenue Accounting Staff under his/her charge
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Educational Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
• Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a reputable University or holder of a professional qualification i.e. ZICA, ACCA, CIMA,
• Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 Merits which should include Mathematics and English Language, and
• Advanced Data Analysis skill will be an added advantage
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
Competencies required for this Role
• Must be an effective communicator and should have hands on technical knowledge of finance, accounting standards and statutory reporting
• Must be a critical thinker and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be skilful in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and proficient in accounting applications such as SAGE 300 and SAP.
• Must demonstrate practical understanding of a good internal control environment
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent organisational skills to be able to meet deliverables timely; and
• Must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now