CRESTED CRANE ACADEMY is a private Co-education day and school boarding, from Nursery to Grade twelve. Our VISION is to provide a holistic, excellent and affordable education at both national and international levels. As CRESTED CRANE ACADAMY (CCA) we strive to prepare our young people for a rapidly changing 21st century work place and to enable them take up their places as confident citizens in a global world.
IN QUEST OF EXCELLENCE we are looking for a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified and suitable science person in the role of ‘School Laboratory Technician’ and Physics.
Teach and Manage Science laboratories and Classes for Secondary School Students. S/He should be able to develop, engage recommended curriculum including laboratory experiment and other scientific investigations.
- Provide technical support, ensuring that equipment(s) is functioning properly and is ready for use, and that the right materials are available for particular lessons at all times.
- Strong scientific and technical knowledge.
- Work closely with students to explain and or to demonstrate experiments on how to use scientific equipment.
- Run trial experiments prior to classes.
- Maintain and repair equipment and laboratory apparatus.
- Ensure safety and health procedures are followed and understand.
- Ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment.
- Adherence to the Child Protection Policy.
Technical And Behavioural Competencies:
- Computer Literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft word and excel
- Eagles eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of Diploma in School Laboratory Technician
- Diploma or Degree in Science education with Physics is an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ Levels including Mathematics, English and Physics and a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science Education.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a reputable school(s) both as a Laboratory Technician and Physics Teacher. The applicant should also have an interest in learners’ affairs holistically and spiritually. Able to teach both ECZ (Zambian) and (British) IGCSE curriculum. Must have three (3) traceable references.
Method of Application
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional academic qualifications, including comprehensive curriculum vitae to as one document:
Crested Crane Academy,
PO Box 39569,
Plot No. 17988m, Leopards Hill Road,
OR EMAIL TO:
(Please as one document to qualify for shortlisting and only suitable candidates will be contacted)