Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to almost two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
Mary’s Meals Zambia is looking for suitable person to fill the role of the School Feeding Manager. This role is based in Katete district, Eastern Province and is part of the Mary’s Meals International Global Programmes team. This position will support the Programme Manager.
Purpose of the role:
This role entails supporting the Country programme leadership in providing effective and inspirational leadership for Mary’s Meals Zambia. It is a requirement to help in the general management and organizational development by closely collaborating with other senior members of staff in Mary’s Meals Zambia. The post holder will also collaborate with communities, partners, funders, government ministries, volunteers and other stakeholders to promote Mary’s Meals vision, mission and values to ensure optimal programme implementation at District Level. S/he will support strategic planning and programme development.
- Providing leadership and direction to School Feeding Officers and other members of staff and ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, organizational guidelines and policies in the implementation of the school feeding programme.
- Supervise, coach and mentor school feeding officers and others involved in the activities of MMZ to ensure there is adequate capacity for the smooth implementation of the programme.
- Supporting the Country programme leadership in developing an annual strategy and programme for Mary’s Meals Zambia including developing and preparing proposals and budgets for approval by Mary’s Meals senior officers and Board prior to submission to potential donors.
- Providing regular reports, programme information to the Programme Manager, partners, donors and other bodies/individuals as required.
- Ensuring that programme information required by the Programme Manager, other functional Managers and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team is given on time and responding to any problems in reporting.
- Ensuring that all the School Feeding Officers are managed in a pro-active and supportive manner to encourage high standards and best practice in all aspects of programme delivery.
- In consultation with the Programme Manager and other functional Managers assess and determine staff training and development needs and implement staff development plans which will include training in all key components of the programme.
- Supporting School Feeding Officers in delivering training to schools and members of the community.
- Supporting in the gathering and analysis of information for programme expansion decisions.
- Support new schools and communities for expansion of the school feeding programme.
- Working alongside other NGOs, government, and international partners to share best practice and further the interests and reach of Mary’s Meals, engaging strategically with the Government of Zambia and other major stakeholders in school feeding programmes, such as the World Food Programme.
- Providing credibility and visibility to local community leaders and engaging in community capacity building and liaison with community leaders and volunteers to strengthen commitment to Mary’s Meals.
- Representing Mary’s Meals in various meetings with collaborating partners at community and district levels.
- Supporting head office staff with sourcing and producing in country data and information for reports to donors and supporters.
- Supporting visits by Mary’s Meals International staff and supporters.
- Undertaking performance appraisal for School Feeding Officers.
- Orienting SFOs on organizational policies and programme requirements so as to achieve compliance.
- Supporting the communication and fundraising component of the programme.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in Social sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition, Agriculture or any other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years project/programme experience two of which should be at a management and team leadership level in an NGO environment with responsibility for managing staff, activities, financial resources, assets and external relationships.
- Experience of working in a leadership position in a growing organisation, preferably within a charitable fundraising environment.
- Team management experience, including leading, engaging and motivating a team of staff.
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting against agreed strategy.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong field experience as a Programme/Project Manager.
- Must have a Valid Manual Drivers Licence.
- Well-developed skills in project/programme management.
- Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills, with solid track record in persuading and influencing others.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to be in control of delegated responsibilities.
- Team player.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven programme/project management skills.
- Able to communicate well across all levels.
- Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of the principles of international development.
- Familiarity with using planning tools in international development, including using and developing monitoring and evaluation systems for logistics/systems.
- Understanding of the place of school feeding in relief and development.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may apply electronically to this email below: