The position reports to the SHERQ Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety. To correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority, although the Safety Spotter may exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
Key Perfomance Areas
- Record any unsafe acts and conditions noticed during the daily patrols of the work areas and report to the section officials and safety co-ordinator
- Inspect work areas daily in order to identify fire hazards and advise section officials to take measures to prevent any fire
- Record any defects on fire equipment and report to the fire officer
- Effectively communicating to all employees, stakeholders and contractors their individual responsibilities and roles in maintaining the commitments of Illovo Sugar Limited’s SHERQ Policy
- Ensure practicality and alignment of the Illovo Intergrated Risk Management System (IIRMS) through the Group Level Guidelines (GLG) into site Level Procedures to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Ensuring that SHERQ Objectives and targets from both the corporate office and the business unit are included as deliverables for the responsible persons as measurable key performance indicators
- To ensure that risks associated with Illovo Sugar Limited are identified, analysed, evaluated and modified through formal risk treatment methodologies to satisfy the business risk criteria. Throughout this process ensure continuous communication and consultation with relevant stakeholders; and monitor and review controls to ensure no further risk treatment is required
- Assist where applicable in the implementation of the IIRMS framework which purpose is to integrate the process for managing risk into the business’s overall gorvenance, strategy and planning, management, monitoring, continual improvement, reporting process, policies, values and culture.
- Taking all necessary measures to ensure that legal and statutory requirements are known and complied with in your areas of responsibility and where needed apply the OSHACT of SA (85 of 1993) and its regulations which act as the Illovo Groups minimum legal base.
Minimum specifications/Requirement areas
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Certification in Safety Mnagement, Diploma will be an added advanatge
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Safety Management role
- Expereince in Agriculture/Industrial environment is an added advantage
- Member of the Zambia Occupational Health & Safety Association (ZOHSA)
- Knowledge of Zambian Laws-Factories Act Cap 441 and OHS Act 2010 essential
- Good interpersonal skills
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please email your detailed CV & copies of your qualifications to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 April, 2021.
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to