Jobs at:Sinohydro Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Safety officer’s job description
Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programs for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace. Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
Duties & responsibilities
• Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
• Creating analytical reports of safety data
• Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
• Presenting safety principles to staff in Safety Meetings.
• Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
• Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
• Meeting company health and safety goals
• Reviewing and reporting on the staff’s compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance
• The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
• A HSE Officer is part of the project safety council and leads all efforts to enhance safety.
• The safety officer will review and approves all subcontractors’ safety plans.
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• 5 years’ work experience as a safety officer
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Health and safety management
• Practicing certificate as a health and safety officer
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) should be sent to the:
Human Resources Manager
Sinohydro Zambia Limited
Email: [email protected]