Jobs at:International Facilities Services (IFS)
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are urgently looking for a safety officer with knowledge in food safety and general SHEQ in the hospitality industry.
This position reports to the site manager and is responsible for:
• Coordinating and implementing all site-based health, safety and environmental (HSE) programmes and standards.
• Provision of technical direction on all HSE decisions.
• Evaluating the work environment and ensuring compliance with health and safety standards.
• Inspecting the environmental impact of all operations and advise on the best methods to reduce safety, health and environmental hazards.
• Ensuring compliance with the health and safety legislation, regulations and Company standards including environmental requirements, food safety and occupational health and safety.
• Ensuring all internal practices and processes are aligned with requirements and best practices.
• Managing and coordinating Department of Labour and client health and safety inspections and/or incident investigations.
• Ensuring that fire prevention and emergency procedures are formulated and implemented.
• Ensuring the site contingency plan is in place.
• Conducting work place and job specific hazard analysis to identify potential safety, health and environment (HSE) hazards.
• Maintaining of a site risk register.
• Identifying HSE and any risk training requirments and ensure required training is conducted.
• Coordinate the development,implementation and management of a standardised and intergrated HSE management system.
• Monitor refrigeration and food storage,preparation and serving practices.
• Compiling an annual coverage plan and conduct regular HSE inspections across the site according to the plan or ad hoc requirements.
• Conducting post incident investigations in order to identify root causes and determine appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following
• Tertiary qualification in health and safety, environmental practices or related field.
• Relevant accreditation/certification in safety practices.
• 3-5 years’ experience in an HSE related role.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]