Jobs at:Dangote Cement Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Participate in implementing the DIZL approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
• Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
• Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
• Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
• Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
• Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
• Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
• Conduct periodic inspections of DIZL Plants to assist managers and supervisors in occupational health safety and environmental compliance.
• Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
• Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Safety Coordinator.
• Enforce the provisions of the mining regulations/ factories act
• Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
• Diploma/Degree or its equivalent in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment.
• Membership of relevant safety institute.
• Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.