KEDA Zambia Ceramics Company Limited is a joint venture with presence in West Africa and East Africa and is headquartered in China. Currently KEDA is the world’s biggest ceramic company and clean coal gasification system supplier. With 26 years continuous development, devoting on “limitless innovation and pursuit of better forever”, KEDA has been the leading representative in the ceramic industry in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure established company health, safety policies and procedures are upheld
- Review and update safety practices and procedures
- Conduct safety inspections in all areas within the scope of the responsibility.
- Conduct accident & incident investigations.
- Support emergency preparedness and response.
- Assist in the safety audit and inspection programmes.
- Conduct general site inductions for all new employees and contractors.
- Attend toolbox meetings.
- Participate in the development of Job Risk Assessments.
- Provide input to the daily, weekly and monthly safety reports.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety Culture.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from a recognized institution;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar a role
- Computer Literate
- Flexible to work in fast paced environment
- Must be a team player, an effective and efficient communicator
- Must have experience in developing and implementing safety policies and procedures.
Method of Application
Interested candidates must email their cover letter, CV and copies of their academic qualifications to this email below: The subject of the email should be the job title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.