Jobs at:BEM MOTORS
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The primary role of the Safety Manager is to advice on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
• Update Safety Manual and ensure that all Departments operate to the procedures and instructions.
• Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work ACT4 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
• Update Managing Director on any changes in current legislation.
• Attend relevant courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organization.
• Bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare, maintain records and ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals.
• Advice on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees and recommend control measures.
• Conduct health and safety inspections, arrange training, Health surveillance and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
• 9. Immediately contact the Managing Director if situations are found, that in the opinion of the Safety Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
• Notify the Managing Director if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
• Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and record the findings on the relevant forms.
• Set a personal example by wearing appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment and observing all safety requirements/procedures.
• Minimum Diploma Certificate in Safety and Health Management
• 5 years working experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 25th May 2022, enclosing their detailed CV, certified copies of educational and professional qualifications only, contact address, phone number and email address below.
At this point, please attach only Grade 12 and College/University certificate. All other relevant documents shall be presented during interviews for shortlist candidates.
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O Box 23019
Email address: [email protected]