At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
To manage safety systems and compliances for Kansanshi Mining PLC, and advise management on any deviations from standard and provide solutions to resolve the support the development of Safety policies and practices within Zambia as per key responsibilities.
- Manage internal audit programmes
- Monitoring and measurement of safety performance and give guidance to sup/safety manager
- Drafting safety and health objectives annually based on performance
- Drafting annual safety implementation plan
- Conduct/manage safety programme surveys
- Compile month end safety report for the site.
- Monitor and maintain records for all Key safety performance indicators for departments
- Advisor sup/safety manager on all safety systems
- Compile files and maintain documentation on all Safety concerns.
- Compile all Safety Presentations and statistics monthly for Safety meetings.
- Ensure daily Accident and Incident statistics are captured into the system and maintained.
- Monitor and compile all accident and incident statistics daily.
- Ensure all minutes for presentations are compiled and filed
- Revise safety forms or add changes to forms as agreed by interested parties
- Compile the following month end documentation, statistics and summary reports.
- Ensure that interested parties are briefed on all Safety systems and recommend training where possible
- Coordinates /collect all safety performance reports from FQMO, Roads and smelter respectively
- Collect and compile all Labour figures from relevant departments and contractors.
- Ensure letters and Labour statics are signed off by Mine Manger and forwarded to MSD monthly.
- Compile safety presentations for required meetings.
- Compile and minute all Safety meetings
- Advise Safety Sup / Manager on outstanding reports(All)
- Edit and compile the weekly Stand-by Duty Roster.
- Keep and maintain all documentation records of the Health and Safety Management System.
- Managing contractor Safety compliance to KMP safety system
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .