Safety and Environment
- Ensure a sound knowledge of and adherence to Sandvik Safety and Health system.
- Undertake safety audits and inspections as agreed.
- Strive to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik products.
Business Growth and Development
Work With The Rock Tools Sales Manager To Develop Plans To Enable Sales Growth Of Sandvik Rock Tools Business Within The Nominated Sales Region, Including
- Developing multi-level customer relationships on site, and where appropriate at corporate office level.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key decision makers within your allocated sales area.
- Initiate and coordinate product trials on site to demonstrate value and product performance.
- Work closely with the relevant Product Manager on product quality and product selection.
- Provide monthly business analysis and market activity report updates.
- Work with the Rock Tools Inventory Management team to provide monthly stock forecasts, by product / by customer, and discuss and resolve supply and delivery issues.
- Actively seek out new applications for the products.
- Provide product training and technical product support to customers, as required.
- Liaise with the Rock Tools Product Management and Applications Specialists on opportunities for product upgrades and improvements.
- Ensure that all product warranty issues are dealt with in a timely manner and as per Sandvik warranty procedure.
- Liaise with the Rock Tools Sales Manager with regard to pricing strategies.
- Develop budgets and business plans in conjunction with the Rock Tools Sales Manager
- Review financial performance on a monthly basis.
- Control expenses within budget.
- Manage and control invoicing and payments to ensure customer accounts are current.
- Be customer focused with a passion to win
- Ensure that products are being delivered in a timely, professional manner as well as meeting the customer needs for quality and value for money.
- Work with the relevant Account Managers with the development and execution of Customer Account Plans.
- Work as part of an Account Team when specific opportunities are identified that require a group approach.
- Ensure CRM/ Sales Tools is up to date with key customer contacts, opportunities and customer visit reports.
- Continually provide drilling solutions and product technical support of the Sandvik range of drilling consumables product offering.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Mining Engineering, or any relevant engineering field.
- Sales experience in the mining industry would be advantageous
- Technical aptitude and a knowledge of the drilling process, drilling equipment and blast hole drilling tools. In particular Top Hammer Tooling.
- Demonstrated sales / account management experience with a strong customer focus
- Exposure to drilling tools and accessories.
- Reasonable financial analysis skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- High energy and enthusiasm, and ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong understanding of the mining industry and the issues that affect operational success.
- Solutions focus.
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Commercially astute.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate with customers at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.home.sandvik .