Resource Mobilization Officer
Jobs at:Bracing Health & Social Protection Systems for Sustainability (Brasys)
Deadline of this Job:
12 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Resource Mobilization Officer
Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders.
We offer a range of 13 month long paid fellowship roles with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader.
Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement!
Global Health Corps (GHC) together with its partner Bracing Health & Social Protection Systems for Sustainability is inviting self-driven, passionate, young professionals with diverse skill sets and experiences to apply for this global health position for our 2022-2023 fellowship class.
The Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO) will be responsible for leading and implementing resource mobilization and new business development activities, including building a network of resource partners which will be comprised of donors, development partners, corporates, academia, policy-makers, philanthropists, and foundations. The officer will target partners who share the vision of Brasys, and can provide funds, technical, and other support to meet the current and future needs of Brasys. The RMO will also be responsible for external communication and promoting the Brasys brand, raising awareness about the organization’s work at various forums, and ensuring transparency and regular information sharing with the public. The RMO will be embedded within the Technical Services team and will report to the Technical Services Manager.
• Develop a fundraising strategy and standard operating procedures in partnership with the Technical and Quality Management Team
• Lead the implementation of the fundraising strategy
• Develop and update organizational communication tools including the organization profile, capability statements, website and other social media
• Oversee knowledge management for fundraising, including maintaining the grants tracker and calendar, to ensure well-planned and targeted responses to requests for proposals (RFPs)
• Support the creation of concept notes, proposals, reports, and corresponding budgets by liaising with other personnel including Technical Services and Program Management teams
• Lead grant prospecting and scoping new programmatic initiatives
Skills and Experience
• Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Demonstrated experience with proposal writing, institutional fundraising, and/or budget development*
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by experience drafting documents for external use, ideally including successful fundraising proposals*
• Minimum of one year of professional experience in fundraising, resource mobilization, marketing/business development, or other related field*
• Experience maintaining and cultivating relationships with government agencies, donors, or other partner organizations
• Excellent project management skills, including past experience working simultaneously on multiple projects, and/or coordinating across teams to meet tight deadlines
• Public speaking experience, such as through presentations, workshops, or trainings
• Ability to work proactively on a small team
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, thinking strategically, and delivering measurable results
• Willing to take initiative and work with inspiration and minimal direction once projects are agreed and assigned
About the Organization
Bracing Health & Social Protection Systems for Sustainability (Brasys) is a non-governmental organization that deploys organizational development initiatives, quality improvement processes, performance monitoring & evaluation services (including digital solutions), and innovative sustainability approaches. In partnership with donors and NGOs, Brasys strengthens public sector institutions, community-based, and grassroots organizations in Zambia. Our goal is to increase access to health and social protection services for underserved populations, through the strengthening of program management and service delivery systems.
Fellowship benefits include a living stipend, housing, health insurance, trainings, access to advisors and much more.
No prior health or international experience is necessary!
Applications opened on December 3rd 2021, will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close in January 12th 2022. Early application is highly encouraged.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit ghcorps.org.