Resource Mobilization Intern
Jobs at:Seeds of Change Foundation Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Zambia , Zambia , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Resource Mobilisation Interns
Seeds of Change Foundation is a youth led organization that seeks to increase the meaningful participation of young women and girls in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. We provide free training in marketable ICT skills, exposure to emerging technologies, mentorship, STEM exchange, networking and career progression opportunities. We work primarily with three target groups: girls in senior primary, secondary school and in college.
Our initiative focuses on STEM education, Women empowerment and leadership as well as how Technology will be used to solve Africa’s economic, education and health problems in Africa, using integrated inquiry based learning heavily based on hands-on learning experience. We seek to foster interest in STEM subjects to girls at an early age so that they are more engaged with science coursework.
The organization seeks to uphold and promote Article 10 of CEDAW which states that there is need to eliminate discrimination against women in order to ensure to them equal rights with men in the field of education and in particular to ensure, on a basis of equality of men and women and The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), adopted in 1979 by the UN General Assembly.
SCF seeks a dynamic, creative and committed three Interns to provide support to its resource mobilization/fundraising initiative for a period of 6-12 months. The Interns reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will work in liaison with other Departments, particularly programs and finance on the following:
a. Developing, implementing, monitoring and review a fundraising strategy, that includes yearly targets for current and future programmes of the SCF STEM project;
b. Assisting in reviewing previous funding sources and renewing or re-establishing relationships;
c. Conducting research on potential donors to support the work of the SCF;
d. Developing a database to record donor contact and preference information; and updating/reviewing as may be necessary;
e. Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships;
f. Contributing to the development of an annual work plans or yearly budget;
g. Assisting in the preparation of project/funding proposals to other funding agencies;
h. Assisting in the preparation of appropriate and timely reports for submission to donor or funders and ensure that such reports meets donor/funders guidelines;
i. Prepare resource allocation table in consultation with Finance.
j. Sensitizing and training team members on fund raising skills and strategy.
l. Any other duties that may be assigned by the Programs Department.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• At least a University Degree (Bachelors) in the Social Sciences or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Banking, Finance, and Management from a recognized Institution;
• 1- 2 years’ work experience in Resource Mobilization/Fundraising preferably in an NGO environment;
• Experience in writing USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience in resource mobilization or fundraising role would be an added advantage;
• Previous experience in implementing successful fundraising and financial management and competency in understanding and analyzing accounting and financial management reports;
• Extensive computer skills (especially Excel, QuickBooks etc.);
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, be results-oriented with a high sense of responsibility;
• Strategic thinking, excellent team player with good management and inter- personal skills.
• Good written and oral communications skills, presentation skills in English language required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should complete the Internship Application Form , attached relevant documents (CV, Certificates) and send by email to [email protected] . Deadline for applications: 31st August, 2021 . Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Link to full job description is here .