REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO REVIEW THE 2018 - 2021 STRATEGIC PLAN OF THE ZAMBIA METROLOGY AGENCY AND DEVELOP THE 2022-2026 STRATEGIC PLAN
The Zambia Metrology Agency (ZMA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCT), established through the Metrology Act No. 6 of April 2017
The Act provides for the repeal of the Weights and Measures Act CAP 403 of 1994 and continuation of the Zambia Weights and Measures Agency (ZWMA) by renaming it as the Zambia Metrology Agency (ZMA), The Agency is as a result of a merger between the Zambia Weights and Measures Agency (ZWMA) and the Scientific and Industrial Metrology Department of the former Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS). It came into operation on 1 January 2018 through Statutory Instrument No.85, The Metrology Act(Commencement) Order of 2017
The Zambia Metrology Agency is the sole regulator of measurements in the country, with a broad mandate of ensuring the accuracy of these measurements as they relate to commercial transactions, law enforcement, health and safety and environmental management. The Agency's activities culminate in enhanced consumer protection, and production of quality goods and services.
2.0 Overall Scope of Work and Objectives of the Assignment
From inception, the operations of the Zambia Metrology Agency have been guided by its Strategic Plan for the period 1st January 2018 to 31 December 2021. To this end, the Zambia Metrology Agency is in the process of reviewing its current Plan and developing a new one for the five (5) year period covering 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2026
It is against this background that the Zambia Metrology Agency is seeking consultancy services from a suitable firm, to carry out an institutional performance assessment review of its 2018 - 2021 Strategic Plan and develop the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan
3.0 Terms of Reference
The terms of reference shall include but not be limited to the following:
• To explain the concept of Strategic Planning and how it is conducted, to the Strategic Planning Team of the Zambia Metrology Agency
• To co-develop a strategic planning process and timeline with the staff of the Zambia Metrology Agency
• To facilitate the review of the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan
• To undertake a stakeholder mapping and situational analysis.
• To establish the strategic direction.
• To develop strategic objectives.
• To draft an action plan/log frame.
• To draft the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan.
• To present for discussion, the draft Strategic Plan to Management in the first instance and later to the Board of Directors of the Zambia Metrology Agency
• Produce the final 2022-2026 Strategic Plan and;
• Recommend a monitoring and reporting framework.
4.0 Key Deliverables
The specific deliverables and timelines must be indicated in the EOI and shall include, amongst other things:
• Inception Report with timelines
• Consultation with ZMA and other stakeholders
• Report on the performance review of the 2018 - 2021Strategic Plan, highlighting its successes and failures, etc.....
• Situational analysis which shall outline factors that are likely to impact positively or negatively on the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan
5.0 Time Frames
The estimated duration of the consultancy is three (3) months starting 1 August 2021, with the first draft by 1 October 2021 and the final Strategic Plan by 1 November 2021
The Zambia Metrology Agency now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest to undertake review of its 2018 - 2021 Strategic Plan and to develop the 2022 - 2026 Strategic Plan
Subject line: Expression of Interest (EOI): Review the 2018 - 2021 Strategic Plan and Develop the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan, Zambia Metrology Agency
Interested consultants must ensure the following is included in their application:
• Information indicating that they are qualified to undertake the consultancy
• Understanding of the scope of work and approach to strategic planning
• Description of experience in leading strategic planning processes including description of similar assignments undertaken
• Short biography and description of the lead consultant and all other team members (if applicable) and availability of appropriate skills
The above list is by no means exhaustive and neither is it prescriptive.
The short-listing and selection of the Consultant shall be in accordance with the Public Procurement Act No.8 of 2020 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011 Proposals shall be deposited in the Tender Box, located at Zambia Metrology Agency, Plot 2387, Longolongo Road, Lusaka.
EOI's transmitted by other means shall not be accepted.
The closing date for submission is Friday
11th June 2021
at 10:30 hours. The Expressions of Interest shall be opened immediately thereafter in the Boardroom of the Zambia Metrology Agency located at Plot 2387, Longolongo Road, Lusaka in the presence of bidders or their representatives if they choose to attend.
Late or incomplete applications shall not be considered. The application is an Expression of Interest which shall not constitute an award or contract commitment by the Zambia Metrology Agency
Interested consultants may obtain further information from the undersigned during office hours
The Procurement Officer
ZAMBIA METROLOGY AGENCY
Telephone: +260 211 222294; +260 211 222297
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]