Regional Finance & Admin Manager
Jobs at:JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is public health organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to providing an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and staff for its United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported District Coverage of Health Services (USAID DISCOVER-Health) Project. The USAID DISCOVER-Health project aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Regional Finance & Admin Manager
Category: Full time
Reports to: Regional Director & Finance Director
Under the supervision of the Regional Director and Finance Director, the Regional Finance & Admin Manager supports the operations and program implementation of Regional Teams and will oversee all financial and administrative matters related to the regional offices including but not limited to program implementation, maintaining adequate accounting records, submitting timely financial reports to HQ, as well as maintaining day-to-day administrative operations and supervising of a FAO, Admin Assistants and other Admin staff. This position will ensure that the regional office financial and administrative transactions are compliant with all JSI, and USAID regulations at all times.
The Regional Finance and Admin Manager will work closely with the HQ Finance Director and Accounting team based in Lusaka.
• Develop operational budgets for DISCOVER regional hub activities.
• Manage accurate accounts and prepare monthly financial reports for submission to HQ office, including all paid vouchers, receipts, bank statements, bank reconciliation, VAT reports, and other documentation required by program and donor regulations.
• Review all incoming invoices, vouchers, and receipts for accuracy.
• Prepare all payment vouchers, obtain appropriate approvals and signatures, and ensure that all voucher are properly coded with the correct activity and account codes.
• Approve all petty cash transactions at regional office
• Coordinate program activities with the Regional Director and Hub Managers and close collaboration among government institutions and NGO partners. The Snr FAO needs to be aware of all activities to better manage the administrative aspects of the program.
• Monitor program activities and make sure that communication and coordination among partners is effective so activities are completed on schedule.
• Assist in the preparation of operational budget for hubs
• Review and approve documentation for MOMO payments
• Review budget requests and maintain a budget tracking system to ensure that all expenses are codes correctly
• Prepare travel advances, maintain travel advance records, process expense reports, and reconcile advances.
• Ensure that advances are reconciled on-time Follow and that all transactions reconcile with the bank reconciliation statement.
• With the approval of the Regional Directors draft letters to staff debtors, suppliers, banks, and partners on financial issues. Follow up on orders to ensure that deliveries and distribution are made in a timely fashion
• Assist the Regional Director in overseeing and providing administrative and logistical support
• To oversee all fleet and logistics management
• Be responsible for maintaining, tagging and updating a complete list of Equipment and Furniture.
• Carry out other operations and accounting tasks as requested.by HQ and Home office
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
• First Degree in Business Studies/Accounting, ACCA or CIMA finalist or equivalent
• Project management background will be a bonus
• Five years of experience in accounting or banking preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience with USAID funding.
• Strong financial and accounting skills.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, and Excel
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, with close attention to detail.
• Fluency in written and spoken English; and
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be registered with ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Your application should be sent in one e-mail document consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including daytime contact telephone number/s, and also give names and contact details of three referees. Please send your applications by emailing to [email protected] clearly marked in the subject line and addressed to the “Project Director” USIAD DISCOVER-Health Project, Stand 45/D/REM-3-A/377, Warthog Road, Kabulonga, and Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for receipt of submission of the applications is July 23rd , at 17:00hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.