Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Operations and Maintenance
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Refrigeration Technician.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Operations and Maintenance , you will be responsible for the day to day technical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner. Your duties will include but not limited to the following
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on Aircons and Cold-rooms across site
- Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
- Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Technician Certificate in Refrigeration and Air conditioning.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the mining sector.
- Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Refrigeration.
- Holder of valid Zambian Drivers Licence
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good communication skills in the English language .
- Able to adapt to safe working practices.
- A member of EIZ
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .