- Company: Copperbelt Energy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
We currently have career opportunities, to be based at our Head Office in Kitwe, in the following fields:
Records Management Assistant (01)
Grade: CEC9 | Contract Type: Permanent
The job holder will be responsible for providing administrative and organisational support towards the discharge of the Company’s records management function, which includes maintenance of Company records, archives, technical library and undertaking clerical records.
What you will be expected to do for successful & optimal performance:
- Undertake records work, ensuring appropriate classification and storage of records in the Records Repositories.
- Perform records collation, update records transmittal lists and assign file location numbers.
- Attend to document retrieval requests.
- Periodically appraise the main records repository to determine records that have outlived their relevance in line with the approved Company records retention and disposal schedules.
- Participate in company-wide records management inspections to ensure compliance with the Company’s authorised procedures of record keeping.
- Manage the technical library collection, undertake cataloguing of new books, data input into the library system, lending and discharging of books including issuance of reminders for overdue books.
- Provide in-house photography services as required.
- Support the Company identity card issuance process to eligible employees and contractors allowed to access Company premises.
- Render scanning and photocopying services and keep appropriate records of requests for various services.
- Adequately maintain the archives to meet employees’ and Company requirements.
- Support the evaluation of records submitted for disposal by various departments of the Company.
- Undertake all work activities in a manner that protects the environment, safety and health of fellow employees.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Minimum Certificate in Library and Information Studies.
- Minimum two years’ practical experience in a dynamic records management environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in physical and electronic records management systems.
- Knowledge of information classification and cataloguing.
- Ability to work with various Information Communication Technologies.