- Lusaka, Zambia
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The USAID Let’s Read Zambia project is a 5-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by the Education Development Center (EDC). USAID Let’s Read Zambia works to improve reading outcomes for children attending pre-primary (kindergarten) through to Grades 3 and provide professional development for teachers to support reading interventions in Zambian public and community schools.
The Reading Materials Specialist (RMS) – Digital Media will be an integral part of the USAID Let’s Read Team comprised of the Senior Reading Advisor (SRA), Reading Materials Development Specialist (RMDS), Provincial Reading Coaches, the Ministry of Education and other key stakeholders and partners to develop, adapt, finalize and implement teaching and learning materials and approaches to support Early Grade Reading objectives.
Essential Functions, but are not limited to:
· Assist in the design and development of digital media content (including apps) aligned to support reading interventions and other project goals.
· Use technical and typographic skills to arrange and style reports, teaching and learnng materials, digital content
· Carry design and digital projects from concept to completion while adhering to strict brand standards, and ensuring production timelines are met.
· Monitor trends in graphic design, digital content, data visualization and web strategy.
· Create and maintain an inventory of reading resource materials published by both government and private partners- ensuring that all materials collected are cataloged and stored accurately and that all copyright regulations are observed in the use of these materials
· Work collaboratively with the Reading Teams production team to ensure development and design of materials for Teaching and Learning materials.
· Manage reading material creation, including video and audio recordings
· Contribute to Quarterly and Annual Reports (narratives, photos, success stories, training agendas, and other inputs as requested);
· Other duties, as assigned.
The candidate for the position of Reading Materials Specialist shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
· Bachelors’ degree in education or other related field, preferably with a specialty in instructional design, fine arts, and or digital media
Skills and Experience:
- Experience overseeing studio production work in the fields of audio and video recording
- Experience overseeing the production of graphic artworks- both digital and hand drawn productions
- Ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite tools specifically Adobe Audition, Premiere, After Effects and photoshop
- Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint and website content entry
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of both print and non-print materials and educational technology.
- Experience developing early grade reading instructional materials;
- Experience managing a digiatal catalog
- Familiarity with Copyright regulations
- Understanding of and experience working with or within the Zambian Ministry of Education;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of professionals;
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive tasks professionally and with high quality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in difficult work environment; and
- Willingness to travel to provinces covered by the project;
- Provide leadership, support, and training for digital learning and technology integration.
· Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of (and proficiency in) Chinyanja, Chitonga, Silozi, Lunda, Luvale, Kiikaonde and Icibemba languages preferred.
Job closing date: January 18, 2022
To apply, Applicants are encouraged to send their application and CV to SmartRecruiters Careers Page.
Applications submitted without a resume or CV will not be reviewed.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .