- Chipata,Mongu and Choma, Eastern, Western and Southern Province, Zambia
- Job Scope: Local
- Working Language: English
- Technical/Practice Area: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Type of Engagement: Fixed Term
Since the 1970’s, the University of Maryland, Baltimore has been engaged in critical global health initiatives around the world. In September 2009, the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) was formed as a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) to help support the implementation of UMB international programs. UMB, through MGIC, currently has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia. MGIC’s administrative operations support the research and clinical programs of the School of Medicine , Institute of Human Virology (IHV) and Center for International Health, Education & Biosecurity (Ciheb) , and other UMB entities.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Baltimore, USA, with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is implementing through the Community Impact to Reach and underserved Individuals for treatment and Support (CIRCUITS) project partners with the Government of the Republic of Zambia and community based civil society to implement community-based combination HIV prevention interventions, ensure all people living with HIV (PLHIV) know their status, are connected to treatment and achieve viral suppression so that Zambia achieves HIV epidemic control. The project will target priority and key populations in Southern Province.
The Strategic Information Officer will have dual reporting to the project monitoring and evaluation manager and provincial Coordinator. He/She will support the project in monitoring and evaluating the project indicators for priority and Key populations
Position: Provincial Strategic Information Officer (position x 3)
Location: Southern, Eastern, and Western Provinces
This role shall perform the following functions
- Ensure the proper collection, quality assurance, and reporting of PEPFAR MER program performance data from all community-based programs and health facilities in the focus district and in line with the National HMIS guidelines and meeting the Government of Zambia, CDC Zambia, and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Regularly assess, plan for and develop the technical capacity of community and facility-level data workers, program technical specialists, facility data coordinators, SPHO district, and provincial Health Information Staff to improve the overall quality and integrity of all program-related data.
- ·Ensure and be responsible for optimal functionality of established and scaled-up electronic health record management systems (SmartCare Plus) and the complementary community-based data collection systems (including DHIS2 Tracker programs) in all supported facilities for the reporting of both the community NHMIS dataset and PEPFAR MER 2.4.
- ·Facilitate the process for 100% accurate and timely reporting of data from all community and facilities sites for both PEPFAR MER and GRZ (i.e. HIA2) Indicators using all available data and HIS tools.
- Work with the SPHO M&E Team, the DHIOs, Community Programs teams, Facility-in-Charge (FIC’s) and conduct routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) on all sites on a monthly basis until there’s an establishment of excellent data collection and reporting systems as well up-to-date entries of all client’s interactions on the DHIS2 Tracker program and SmartCare Plus EHR systems in supported facilities.
- Participate in the review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) established for Data Management (including Collection, Aggregation, and Data Validations) in line with changes in data demands for the program.
- Lead Technical development of simple and complex data analytics for program decision making and transferring the capacity to community, facility, district, and provincial level teams.
- Represent SI Team at District, Provincial level SI/M&E TWGs and make presentations and technical inputs.
- Coordinate and oversee all program reporting activities in the focus districts and the province.
- Implement program performance metrics and program data collection strategies and tools in supported facilities within the focus districts.
- Troubleshoot data quality issues in all community programs and facilities.
- Train and mentor community and facility data entry clerks and other cadres to improve their capacity to collect and report patient-level data consistently and on time.
- Build capacity of district and provincial health information management personnel
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance dashboard review and program reporting activities in the focus districts.
- Support the process of institutionalizing Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) for all mentorship teams and support facilities in the focus districts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Biostatistics or Public Health or Health Informatics or related fields with experience in PEPFAR M&E/SI reporting system
- A Master’s degree in Epidemiology or MPH would be an advantage
- Familiarity and proficiency in DHIS2 –Tracker & Event programs, SmartCare, or other patients electronic medical records management solution
- At least 5 years doing similar work as an M&E Team Lead
- Experience with Microsoft, Excel, Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- Data visualization skills – PowerBI, Tableau, and Web connectors
- Minimum 5 years experience in data management
- Experience working in a community HIV prevention, ART Linkage programs
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .