Proofreader and Copy Editor
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Proofreader and Copy Editor
Contract Type: Consultancy
Person reporting to: Director Knowledge Management and Communications
JSH is a Zambian company committed to working with governments, non-governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services. JSH offers a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region. JSH believes in inclusive growth. By supporting a broad spectrum of public health services, the company ensure local communities, including marginalized groups, have access to responsive, client-centered sustainable health systems.
The Proofreader and Copy Editor will provide proofreading and copy editing services for reports, stories, flyers, or any other publications created by JSH and all its projects. The primary role of the Proofreader and Copy Editor is to ensure accuracy of grammar and spelling, correct tone of the content to ensure smooth flow of language and ideas in the text.
• Proofread documents and seek clarification from program team when necessary;
• Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability;
• Ensure smooth flow of ideas in the text;
• Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in the text;
• Check accuracy of information such as dates and statistics;
• Examine the text for style, readability, and compliance with editorial policies;
• Arrange photos and articles page layouts;
• Write blurbs, ledes, headlines and straplines.
• Submit tracked edits and changes to authors and Communication Manager.
• Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in English and Creative Writing, Diploma in Proof Reading and Copy Editing or related field;
• Seven (7) years’ experience in publishing and Copy editing;
• Familiarity with American English grammar rules and conventions.
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, desktop publishing software and Google Docs);
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Exceptionally well-organized and detail oriented
• Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] . In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.