- Company: WaterAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation across the various countries where we work.
WaterAid Zambia is recruiting key experts for an upcoming project entitled Resolution to Revolution: Creating a New Reality for WASH in Health Care Facilities in Zambia (R2R). The R2R project will be located in Southern Province (Monze and Kazungula districts) and Western province (Mwandi and Sesheke districts).The goal of the R2R project is to contribute to improved quality of healthcare, targeting maternal and child health services, and reduce hygiene-related diseases through improved access to WASH in healthcare facilities by 2023.The project will anchor its approaches on collaboration with government institutions, local partners, and community structures at all levels to deliver sustainable and inclusive WASH services in Health Care Facilities.
WaterAid Zambia is looking for a Project Support Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone in Zambia by 2030.
The purpose of this job is :
- Providing WASH facilities in maternity annexes, delivery rooms, and sluice rooms; inclusive staff and patient toilets; shower rooms for patients; segregated inclusive outpatient toilets for males and females; as well as washing troughs, handwashing basins, and waste management facilities.
- Providing the full package of water, sanitation, hygiene, waste management and environmental cleaning, per Joint Monitoring Program (JMP) standards
- Installing inclusive menstrual hygiene management (MHM) facilities and piped water networks to provide drinking water to learners and supply to school ablution blocks; hygiene behaviour change; HRBA; sexual rights and human rights; as well as interventions focused on boys and young men.
- Mobilizing and empowering communities, particularly children, to demand their rights to WASH;
To be successful, you will need :
- Degree in Development Studies from a recognized University, or professional qualifications in or other related discipline required
- Extensive five years’ experience in programme planning, development and management at managerial level in WASH
- Experience in participatory monitoring and evaluation approaches and proven experience in water and sanitation work in the Zambian context.
- Experience in developing and managing projects, including staff, budgeting and budget management.
- Experience in implementation of integrated programmes and experience in leading development of models and approaches and packaging learning
- Willing and able to travel, predominately to WaterAid and partner locations within the CP with some travel in and outside the region.