Project Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
Deadline of this Job:
02 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Zambia for more than 15 years. Our current portfolio in Zambia includes work to support health care providers and communities to prevent and respond to malaria, NTDs, and TB, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH’s Malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases and Digital Health teams work directly with national governments in low and middle-income countries to select, adapt and scale appropriate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for long term use in their country to address health challenges. Our services span the entire software development lifecycle from supporting analysis of digital health needs to the deployment and long-term use of those technologies. The PATH team coordinates closely with government ministries of health, the information and communication technology sector, other global health NGOs and donors to improve the governance, design, development, acquisition, implementation, and sustainability of digital health technologies and approaches.
PATH seeks a Project Officer for new project in Zambia who will lead the monitoring and evaluation of activities to strengthen country digital community health systems. The Project Officer will provide support to the project team and the Ministry of Health to setup monitoring, evaluation and learning system and processes including monitoring of community digital health system performance. This position is a new position and is funded by a new award from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in support of the Digital Community Health Investment.
• Support development a theory of change for community health digitization
• Support the integration of HMIS and other service delivery area data reporting standards into the community health digitization process
• Participate in the establishment of standards, tools, and processes for the management of the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning approach
• Work with the evaluation partner to implement the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning plan
• Participate in the monitoring of system performance with Ministry of Health
• Set up data collection systems and mechanisms to support implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
• Manage data reporting system and technically assist the project in the presentation of reports to Partners and Donor.
• Regularly look at and discuss project data to support its use in planning and implementation
• Develop a learning agenda and support documentation and synthesis of emerging evidence
• Lead internal approach to adaptive learning by facilitating pause and reflect sessions, after-action reviews, and other approaches to help the project adapt based on implementation experience
• Coordinate with other team members within PATH to disseminate learning among various stakeholders
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the project director.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Demography, Social Sciences or Equivalent
• Professional experience of at least (03) three years in a similar position, in monitoring and evaluation as well as health information management.
• In-depth knowledge of Zambia HMIS and implementation and monitoring of digital health systems
• Knowledge of community health service delivery areas in Zambia
• Skills in data quality assurance methods and data analysis and use
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word or comparable professional software package—specific competence in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and working knowledge of Excel.
• Good written and oral communications skills in English required.
• Public speaking ability, good presentation skills and ability to facilitate training is highly desired.
• Ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.