SNV Netherlands Development Organisation http://www.snv.org/ is a Dutch based International Development Organisation that provides market-based solutions for the poor through local institutions and organisations in 28 developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, we have built a long-term, local presence in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Purpose of the position
The Project Finance Officer is part of an SNV Country Organisation and is appointed to one or more projects in the country.
The Project Finance Officer supports projects in their financial administration, ensuring the project finance is compliant to SNV policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations and guidelines. The Project Finance Officer safeguards the finance control of projects, including budget and periodic progress monitoring and takes actions for overall profitability/financial health in line with the budget.
Financial Accounting and Administration
- Prepare monthly Project financial reports in line with international best practices, and donor agreements
- Support the Project Managers and Finance Manager in the preparation of Project depletion report and financial forecasts ensuring accuracy in budget monitoring
- Responsible for month end closure processes ensuring that monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and bank accounts is carried out in compliance with SNV Financial procedures taking the lead in the reconciliation of receipts, payments and other relevant control accounts.
- Ensure timely production of Project reports and accounting information. Review all project invoices and confirm accuracy before processing payments.
- Participate in project asset management ensuring timely recording and monitoring of all Project Fixed Asset.
- Participate in the internal and external audit process
- Ensure that SNV Internal Control Frame is followed in all Project financial transactions
- Responsible for ensuring control, monitoring and execution of all Project financial transactions, budgeting, administration and planning and control
- Prepare and monitor monthly Project liquidity requests.
Financial business project control and information
Regularly provides (requested and non-requested) financial reports, analysis and advice to provide insight in the overall projects financial status in order to safeguard financial performance, profitability and to estimate financial risks and take precautions. All in line with donor and SNV financial guidelines. Provides advice, balancing country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines, taking the project set-up with different donor regulations into account. Guides the Project Manager with country budgets, country project administrations
Provides financial reports to meet both internal and external donor requirements. Supports the project manager in being compliant to internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of projects.
Support to Business Development
Assists in development of budgets in proposals. Guides and oversees qualification process for grants if applicable.
- Degree in Finance or related field and/or ACCA or CIMA professional qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with reputable organizations
- Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants
- Must have a dynamic and proactive approach with excellent
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy is a must
Additional information Competences
Controlling progress The ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
Focus on quality
Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance
Submit your Cover Letter and CV via smrtr.io/4LX3M on or before 26th December 2020 if you wish to be considered for this position.