Project Administrator Officer, Digital Square
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Administrator (PADM) Officer for its Digital Square team. The PADM Officer will manage the contractual and financial requirements of their assigned projects within Digital Square’s portfolio of awards. S/he will provide guidance to the technical team regarding U.S. Government Regulations on Contracts and Cooperative Agreements; ensure financial allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of costs; provide oversight and guidance to financial management practices; and support client-facing activities.
• Project financial management (30%)
• Master and maintain accurate information in Business World, PATH’s financial system, acting as a resource for project teams.
• Collaborate with Finance Officer to manage financial aspects of assigned activities, including (but not limited to) monitoring project expenses against donor and annual budgets, monitoring labor spending against approved budgets, reviewing general ledger transactions for appropriateness and accuracy, and correcting budget and coding problems in a timely manner.
• Manage funding from multiple donors across projects, including cost share.
• Liaise with Digital Square’s operational and technical points of contacts to address contractual and operational issues.
• Advise teams on long-range budget/planning issues and conduct financial analyses including forecasting and pipelines.
• Contribute to donor narrative and financial reporting by providing updates as it relates to assigned activities.
• Contracts management (30%)
• Manage contractual responsibilities for project teams, including (but not limited to) requests for application, sub-agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders, work orders, and consultant agreements.
• Review and authorize subordinate agreement and payment requests and deliverables input into Salesforce by Senior Program Assistant.
• Provide guidance to Senior Program Assistant responsible for administration including SmartSheet and Salesforce data integrity and knowledge management.
• Coordinate with the Office of Grants and Contracts and Legal Affairs to maintain agreement records from initiation to closeout.
• Review and support the development of scopes of work and recommend payment mechanisms.
• Negotiate and monitor subordinate agreements, including complex collaborations with public and private organizations in the US and other countries.
• Participate in technical meetings to advise on operations processes and monitor for potential compliance risks.
• External Relations (15%)
• Provide guidance on PATH policies and procedures.
• In coordination with Senior PADM Officer and Deputy Director of Operations, respond to funder inquiries and escalate to internal stakeholders as appropriate.
• Compliance and headquarters relations (25%)
• Ensure consistency with Digital Square initiative management principles and practices.
• Work with project staff to ensure compliance with PATH and donor requirements.
• Act as a liaison between project team and PATH shared services groups, such as Procurement, Human Resources, and Accounting.
• Participate in program development and proposal writing and budgeting, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, public administration, nonprofit management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years’ experience working in a similar role.
• Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and USAID regulations required; in depth experience with FAR and knowledge of HHS guidelines preferred.
• Demonstrated financial management skills, with experience conducting financial analyses and forecasting.
• Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite, and ability to learn financial systems/software; prior experience with Sharepoint and Salesforce preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and effectiveness under deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format