Jobs at:ADRA Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ADRA Zambia is currently seeking to employ an innovative, organized, and dependable Programs Director to join its growing team. S/he must be detail-oriented and a master collaborator, ready to prepare, plan and implement program initiatives and monitor their progress to completion.
Job Title: Programs Director (PD)
• Minimum of Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Public Health or related field. Program Management qualification is added advantage
• Substantial (+5 years) traceable experience in: (1) Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation; (2) Capacity building (3) Report writing and documentation (4) Grant writing (winning ones)
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Appreciation of basic accounting and data management skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Package.
Location: Lusaka, with extensive (40% time) traveling to the projects sites around Zambia
Duration/Package: 3 years Contractual Engagement, Renewable based on performance. A competitive remuneration package is being offered (ADRA Zambia is a medium sized growing NGO).
Start Date: 1st November 2021
Direct Supervisor: Country Director
The Programs Director (PD) is responsible for the Programs Department, Business Development and Resource Mobilization (Grant writing). S/he provides direction, supervision and co-ordination of programs and operations. S/he heads the Programs Committee and is the vice – chair of the administrative committee. S/he shall perform the duties as out lined below and as shall be delegated by the Country Director.
Program Director Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop an effective plan of action for running our programs from inception to completion
• Manage daily operations that support and implement our current program objectives
• Strategically map-out a program schedule and timeline and ensure it is followed
• Oversee and advise program staff in various tasks
• Ensure the smooth and proper functioning of current programs
• Assess and manage program risks
• Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve program functions
• Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity
• Suggest and help create marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the program
• Set goals for the programs and track progress, set-backs, and overall performance
• Track, record, and compile program performance data
• Analyze program results and present findings to management
• Seek out new and creative program ideas to implement
• Prepare and maintain budgets
• Help secure and manage program funding
• Provide strategic vision and strong leadership while directing our programs
• Ensure programs always support and advance the organization’s mission
• Prepare comprehensive operational plans for the programs department for each year and submit it to ADCOM for approval.
• Perform any other duties incidental to the office of the Programs Director as may be assigned by the Country Director.
Other Valued Criteria:
1. Be a person of high moral character all time and is willing to conform to the mission, values and beliefs of ADRA.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Advocacy, including report writing skills, presentation and public speaking.
3. Organized and detail-oriented, including people management skills
4. Understanding of policies and compliancy requirements during project implementation (e.g. Gender, HIV/AIDS, Environment, Inclusion Policies, Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Do you meet the job requirements, then send your FULL application package (letter, CV, Certificates) to; [email protected] copy [email protected] NOT LATER than 15th September 2021 .
Note : Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and interviewed.
ADRA Zambia is an equal opportunity organization, therefore all who QUALIFY are free to apply.
ADRA is a ZERO CORRUPTION and strong SAFEGUARDING (Child Protection & Inclusion) Environment