Programme Officer CBID
Jobs at:Christian Blind Mission
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. About CBM
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
2. Core Purpose
The incumbent will lead the Community Based Inclusive Development Programme. Oversee support activities in project implementation including procurement, recruitment, operations and logistics. Assess and support requirements against project objectives and operating environment
3. Main Tasks
a) Project Planning
In consultation with the Programme Manager, select new project locations, prepare TOR, plan and organise for further scoping, in collaboration with the Programme Manager and the Country Director to confirm the new needs and potential areas for development.
• Meet with potential partners for partner assessments, selection and mutual agreement, leading to the preparation and signing of MOU with the partner(s).
• Plan and conduct a multi-stakeholder planning workshop that includes participation of organizations of persons with disabilities for finalising the project logical framework and related aspects required for the development of new projects .
• Pro-actively communicate with the partners to ensure that all preparatory steps for starting new projects have been done ahead of the start date of the project implementation. These should include but not limited to the partners recruitment of qualified staff, development of clear job descriptions for them and development of monitoring system.
b) Project Implementation
• In collaboration with the relevant CBM stakeholders, assist CBM partners in the writing of the new proposals including the budget/cost plan.
• Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all challenges as they may occur.
• Ensure that the partner project staff and interns are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the projects.
• Provide the partner with comprehensive understanding of CBM reporting systems for both programme and finance.
• Work closely with the Programme Manager to conduct partner assessments and evaluations using an agreed CBM standard tool in order to identify capacity and gaps and ensure findings and recommendations are implemented and monitored.
• Organize and implement trainings to strengthen the capacity of partners to meet CBM expectations.
• Provide constructive and quality feedback to partners if and when necessary.
• Conduct monitoring visits, analyse results with relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate action is taken.
• Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level by partners, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) also stored at CBM office with.
• Share appropriately project data to be easily accessible for use in project evaluations as well as for evidence to be used in national level advocacy and alliance-building.
• Ensure relevant new knowledge, project lessons learned and other learning are internalised, documented and shared with relevant CBM colleagues and partners in the spirit of learning.
• Assist in submitting statistics reports on time with quality data.
• Ensure that programme monthly and quarterly reports for Zambia are submitted to the Country Director on time.
d) Quality Management
• Assist to ensure that processes and procedures organisationally and at individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects.
• Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects.
• Ensure that partners are developing and submitting quality reports on time.
e) Achieving results
• Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances.
• Assist partners to plan and organise seminars exposing projects? successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and other players.
• Work closely with the Programme Manager to conduct scheduled evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes.
• Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM?s respective policies) in programmes and enforce this with any colleagues and partners.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Programme Manager and Country Director.
• Travel activities: yes
3. Requirements – (i.e. Education, Professional Experience, Languages, Methods, Competencies, Personality Traits).
• Relevant university degree in social sciences, health sciences, project management, economics, business administration, or related field.
• Professional experience of 5 years in a national or international NGO with a track record in successfully managing community based inclusive development programmes in collaboration with national partners.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Experience in managing institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
• Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems.
• Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
• Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
• Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
• Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
• Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
• Experience of working with persons with disabilities, lived experience with a disability or promoting disability rights will be an added advantage.
• Commitment to CBM mission, vision and values
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
If interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and [email protected]
Application deadline: September 3, 2021 .