- Company: Save the Children International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Programme Coordinator Child Protection (1 Position)
Duty Station: Ndola
The Project Coordinator will support the implementation of the Child Protection projects; in particular coordinate and support implementation of the two Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland funded “Keeping Zambian Girls and Boys Safe Online” and “Sungeni Bwino Abana – Protect and Care for Children in Zambia” projects. She/he will work with partners to support planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the two mentioned projects, which focus on strengthening community child protection system in Ndola and increasing knowledge and awareness by children, caregivers, teachers and service providers on safe and responsible use of internet in Lusaka, Ndola and at national level. The coordinator will work closely with the Child Protection Program Manager and ensure there is a smooth flow of the projects, including the budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the projects.
The incumbent will be reporting to Child Protection Programme Manager.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supporting the partners to plan and implement activities in the “Safe Online” and “Sungeni Bwino Abana” projects.
- Conduct some of the projects’ activities according to the implementation plan.
- Documenting of project/partner experiences to capture results and impacts achieved, challenges, good practices, lessons learnt and any other experiences relevant for sharing with others.
- Ensure effective and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring of the “Safe Online” and “Sungeni Bwino Abana” projects and support in doing necessary adjustments to the plans if needed e.g. due to COVID-19 situation.
- Ensure that crosscutting themes (gender equality, child participation, disaster risk reduction and civil society strengthening) are mainstreamed throughout the projects’ implementation.
- Working closely with other partner organizations and the government line ministries on the projects.
- Consistently meeting with local partners and supporting their project implementation and capacity building.
- Tracking expenditure to ensure spend is in line with annual forecast.
- Projects’ planning, budgeting and tracking of expenditure.
- Analyzing implementing partners reports and funding requests and giving feed-back.
- Ensure timely disbursement of funds to implementing partners including ensuring efficient utilisation of funds.
- Undertake periodic field monitoring visits and support in indicator data collection and project evaluations.
- Facilitate trainings to build capacity of partners and other key stakeholders.
- Project monitoring and reporting (monthly, quarterly and as per donor specification).
- Liaise with other practitioners in a similar field of work and with government on policy and practice issues and informing them of our interventions and work.
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree/Diploma in Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience with right-based issues in children’s rights and child protection within civil society sector;
- Strong knowledge and skills in child protection including experience in facilitating trainings by using participatory methodologies;
- Strong experience in project cycle management;
- Good financial management skills and understanding of budgets;
- Experience in child participation;
- Experience in children’s online safety issues will be an added value;
- Knowledge and experience in crosscutting themes and in disability inclusion will be an added value;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives;
- English language proficiency a must, local languages an added advantage;
- Strong communication (verbal and writing skills), interpersonal and representational skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.