Program Officer – Community Led Monitoring
Jobs at:Luapula Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Zambia , Mansa , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Officer – Community Led Monitoring
Luapula Foundation, an indigenous NGO registered with Ministry of Community Development and Social Services supports the marginalized individuals/communities to improve child welfare in Zambia. The Foundation collaborates with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Community Development and Social Services, Ministry of General Education, Ministry of Gender, Ministry of Youth, Sports and Child Development, Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Local Government to deliver services that improve the lives of people in communities.
Job Title: Project Officer, Community Led Monitoring
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Key Areas of Accountability:
• In collaboration with the Program Coordinator implements the community-led monitoring project in the implementing districts and Province.
• Provide relevant technical support on an ongoing basis partners/service provider at provincial, district and community level to promote access and HIV Prevention among the end-service users.
• Facilitate and conduct targeted trainings for civil society and communities to improve their capacity in implementing supporting the monitoring process.
• Initiate and support partners to mobilize communities to improve quality of HIV prevention through use of DSD models.
• Actively participate and contribute to system strengthening of structures involved in community-led monitoring project.
• Actively coordinates Luapula Foundation CLM activities and contribute to community-based, district, provincial relevant thematic interventions
• Develop and maintain external network of contacts, support and co-ordinate with other colleagues to ensure maximum impact.
• Support the Program Coordinator to ensure that all cross-cutting themes such as child protection, child participation, disability and gender are well integrated into all aspects of programming
• The post holder must have understanding on inclusiveness and integration of marginalized groups and communities
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Support the Program & MEL Manager in the preparation of high-quality and timely monthly/quarterly/annual reports, as required by Save the Children and donors
• Conduct regular monitoring and support site visits within the respective communities
• Monitor activity plans as highlighted in the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and highlighting any significant deviation from plan and make recommendations to the Project Manager;
• Closely monitoring the project budget against expenditure and highlighting and deviation from the project budget
• Timely submission of IPTT, total reach, complaints reporting mechanisms, Quality Benchmarks and other M&E related data
Skills and Behaviours
• Negotiation skills
• Report writing skills
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience; preferably HIV and AIDS, Child protection and vulnerable families and children within civil society sector;
• University degree in Social Science or relevant area, (preferably sociology, health sciences & development studies)
• Knowledge of human rights, preferably of children’s rights;
• Experience working with children will be an added advantage
• The post holder must be able to work in a gender sensitive manner
• Demonstrated ability to apply advocacy skills within district setting;
• Program management skills to design and deliver programs with partners and/or through direct assistance;
• Understanding of and experience in working with civil society organizations;
• Fluency in written and spoken English with good analytical, report writing skills;
• Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently as required;
• Knowledge of Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter and detailed CV referencing the position and providing phone number and traceable three referees by email the Luapula Foundation Chief Executive Officer at [email protected] on or before 17:00Hrs on the 20th of May 2022; any applications received outside the call period will not be considered.