Tracking Code10302Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s Ministry of Health, the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the private sector, and other partners to support interventions to eliminate malaria in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on four of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year EMP cooperative agreement aims to assist the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH is seeking to recruit an experienced and qualified Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the USAID End Malaria Program (EMP) project team in Lusaka. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Managing office communication and correspondence.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Take minutes at meetings
- Maintain contact lists.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Manage visitors to senior management.
- Coordinate team meetings, arrangements for guests, tele conferencing, workshops, other project meetings as requested including needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel suggestions, transport and other necessary details for staff and guests.
- Support procurement of project goods and services.
- Process procurement related transactions in the financial system (Business World)
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management from a recognized institution, or related field with at least 3 years of proven admin or assistant experience and proven knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment with program and technical staff.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationLusaka, ZambiaCompany LocationZambia, LusakaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .