- Company: CHAI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
With funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), CHAI will support the Ministry of Health (MoH) in the implementation of the People at the Centre (PeaCe) Health Program.
From 2015 to-date, Sida has worked in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), has worked to improve Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health, and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) service delivery in Zambia. The PeaCe Health program is a government program that will build on the successes of the RMNCAHN program and will be based on the WHO Integrated People-Centered Health Care Service (IPCHCS) framework. The Embassy of Sweden in Zambia will be supporting this phase of the PeaCe Health Program which will run from 2021 to 2024, supporting the MoH at both national and sub-national levels.
The broad objective is to strengthen the accountability and coordination on the People at the Centre (PeaCe) of Health Program in delivering Integrated People-Centered Health Care Services (IPCHCS) in Eastern and Southern Province. This broad objective will be achieved through the following pathways:
- Improve people-centered RMNCAHN Program Management & Coordination: This will involve strengthening strategic oversight and planning through a re-engineered program implementation committee and stakeholder engagement. Interventions under this pathway will ensure participatory planning and equity with key voices being part of the planning process.
- Adoption of IPCHCS approach in the provision of RMNCAHN services and improved human care services: This will be done by ensuring IPCHC adoption in the provision of RMNCAHN services through capacity building and strengthening human resources to deliver People-Centered RMNCAHN services.
- Improve Program Performance, Monitoring and Evaluation of people-centered RMNCAHN services through the strong systems for tracking program progress which will seek to optimize program performance by monitoring key performance areas where necessary by drawing from CHAI’s experience on Result Based Financing.
- Improve Documentation, Dissemination and Learning: This will be strengthened by improving the quality of program reports, knowledge products and how they are disseminated and translated into practice. People-centered research designs as well as participatory action research methods will be considered.
- Improve Financial Accountability for the PeaCe Health program. This will be improved by supporting the effective use of Navision and other financial controls. This will ensure that beneficiaries enjoy the optimal benefits of the program.
Scope of Work
In order to achieve the outlined objectives, CHAI seeks a Program Assistant to be based at the Ministry of Health Headquarters to support the PeaCe Health Program team and will be required to effectively coordinate the administrative activities of the program.
Under the Peace Health National Program Coordinator’s supervision, the incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to the PeaCe Health Program.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance in general project implementation, management, day to day liaison with counterparts.
- Prioritizes work according to program team’s needs, determine workflow problems and develops solutions.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and documents to appropriate PeaCe Program Staff and other internal and external clients.
- Assist in coordinating logistical support requirements for conferences, site visits, workshops, accommodation and coordinate transport including pick-ups/drop offs for traveling staff on request.
- Maintain a filing system for program documents for easy access by PeaCe Program team members.
- Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the project staff.
- Drafting correspondence, taking of minutes, making travel arrangements and related tasks as may be required by the PeaCe Health Coordinator or project staff to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the Program.
- Order appropriate stationery and other supplies for use by PeaCe Health Program Staff.
- Tracking program asset inventory registers.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Human Resource Management with a minimum of five years’ work experience, with at least three years in similar position
- Should have a good understanding of government communication protocols and procedures
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills, especially in the public health sector
- Experience working in public health and with international organizations in Zambia
- Previous working experience on Result Base Financing program will an added advantage
- Proactive, tactical and team player
- Excellent English language fluency, both written and verbal required