- Tracking Code
- Job Description
*This is a PATH’s Internal (Employee Only) opportunity*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The BID Initiative’s strategy is based on the premise that better data, plus better decisions, will lead to better health outcomes. Its vision is to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality, and use. The BID Initiative will shine a light on the challenges surrounding data collection, quality, and use, and identify practical, country-owned, country-led solutions in immunization that could spread to other health interventions. The Initiative will partner with countries and global health stakeholders to develop and deploy a holistic and scalable approach that focuses on information system products, data management policies, and the practices of people that use them in order to enable evidence-based decision making. These components will be packaged into a replicable solution that can be easily and cost-effectively adapted by additional countries interested in using it to improve their immunization management. If successful, a true tipping point will occur—one in which countries can access, analyze, and act upon accurate immunization data—anytime, anywhere, resulting in improved immunization outcomes.
PATH under the EPI OPT/GAVI Rapid Response to Covid 19 seeks to recruit a Program Assistant who will play an important role in supporting the overall activities of the initiative in Zambia. The Program Assistant will work closely with the Finance and Operations Manager and provide key support to the BID Initiative Zambia Country representative and technical leads. S/he will provide the ongoing administrative support for the BID Zambia team, as well as have the specific responsibility to monitor the project timeline and integrated work plan.
- Assist in the creation of and provide ongoing monitoring of the project timeline and integrated work plan in conjunction with the Finance and Operations Manager and BID Country representative, including tracking of various team activities, key resource allocations, critical-path management, and parallel track planning to ensure milestones and deliverables are constantly defined and monitored across the initiative within Zambia.
- Utilize identified team tools to coordinate communication, work efficiency, and collaboration within the Zambia BID Initiative team, as well as with team members in other countries as needed through virtual teaming practices.
- Support BID Zambia leadership to achieve proper planning, completion, and dissemination of deliverables and maintain tracking systems for project implementation.
- Draft correspondence to partners and collaborators, including cover and thank-you letters and general email correspondence.
- Support activities led by initiative technical staff by helping to plan events, logistics, basic information gathering, and support with overall coordination of activities.
- Serve as project point person for email, faxes, and other correspondence; alert appropriate individuals regarding necessary action items and gather information to draft responses to routine incoming correspondence.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper information management systems, including maintenance of Zambia SharePoint site on BID Initiative central site.
- Maintain project calendars and travel schedules and coordinate with Seattle-based BID Program Assistant on BID-related international travel and meetings.
- Schedule and assist with team meetings, including making all arrangements for rooms and equipment, compiling and organizing relevant background materials, preparing agendas, drafting meeting minutes, and monitoring follow-up activities.
- Coordinate arrangements for conferences, workshops, meetings, and other events, including liaising with procurement and addressing equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel suggestions, taxicabs, and other necessary details for staff, guests, and project consultants. Assist with post-travel expenses and invoices as needed.
- Coordinate with other PATH departments as needed on communications, travel, and accounting activities.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including procurement request forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager with contracts monitoring, including submission and follow-up of agreement requests to relevant PATH departments, expiration reports, and payment processing.
- Assist in coordinating initiative team’s work with other PATH programs.
- Liaise with the Seattle-based BID Initiative Program Assistant and other project support staff in other countries on cross-collaboration activities.
- Required Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in business administration, Project Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in an office setting. Experience working with international organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including proofreading and editing.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressure.
- Ability to work with diverse vendors and stakeholders to organize frequent meetings, workshops, and travel.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Company Location
- Zambia, Lusaka
- Position Type
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .