DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
2. Location: Lusaka, Zambia
The position will be responsible for providing assistance in general office management including receiving visitors and office administrative support, logistics, administration and procurement support including stationery & supplies, coordination and bookings of flights and accommodation, meeting logistics, repair and maintenance of office equipment, etc. He/She will be responsible for providing administrative support to Senior Management Team (SMT) and other project staff to ensure efficient operation of the office.
4. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to program activities and project operations for Senior Management Team (SMT) and other project staff
- Prepare for the Senior Management Team (SMT) other meetings in the project office
- Support the other Program Assistant and Fleet Officer in busy times, or during their leave/absence, with support to accommodation booking and reservations/ events, training planning and fleet management
- Preparation and packaging of all training materials in liaison with technical staff
- Manage the office reception area, perform reception duties and receive visitors in a professional and efficient manner.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence according to project policies
- Compose and type regular correspondence like invitation letters and informative material that could be needed and or delivered to various partners
- Ensure that newspapers are received and timely distribution of the same to the respective staff
- Maintain contact and signing lists for all visitors
- Demonstrate a warm, friendly and cooperative attitude with visitors and team members.
- On behalf of the senior Management Team (SMT) and other project staff, coordinates events, meetings and logistics which includes conference room reservations, arranging for meeting refreshments, notification to members, distribution of meeting materials and confirming participant reservations and attendance
- Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning, and photocopying for Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Schedule a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for Senior Management Team (SMT) and other project staff as well as external stakeholders
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents.
- Manage usage of utilities such as electricity and water. Works with the landlord, maintenance staff in order to maintain and repair office facilities as needed
- Oversees the safety and security of the building and assets, and liaises with security providers as necessary
- Support the Senior Management Team (SMT) and other project staff in daily administrative roles and to keep stock of stationary supplies for the units
- Assist in keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment is needed.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor
5. Reporting and Supervision:
- The Program Assistant directly reports to the Human Resource and Operations Manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in office administration in a company with over 50 employees
- Degree, Diploma in Business Administration
- Strong English verbal, writing and communication skills essential
- Strong verbal, writing and communication skills essential
- Excellent impersonal skills and telephone etiquette required
- Administrative, organizational and general office management skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Fluency in English is required
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit fs9.formsite.com.