Reporting to the Head – Factory and Operations, the Production Manager will play a lead role to direct and supervise the activities of food production staff. He/She will set and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the manufacture of high quality food products.
- Planning, organizing production schedules and overseeing production processes
- Oversee the hiring and training of food production personnel
- Ensure manufacturing and processing staff wear appropriate sanitary and protective gear to ensure health and safety
- Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment to ensure smooth work operations
- Develop and promote new food products to boost sales and increase generated returns
- Allot work tasks to company staff according to their specialization and history
- Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
- Formulating technical procedures and standards for carrying out mechanical maintenance activities in the Plant.
- Inventory control and maintaining proper stock of packing /raw materials for ensuring that there is no loss of production time
- Analysing daily production reports for determining efficiency and productivity within the products range and minimizing wastages as per Plant KPI’s.
- Investigate incidents related to the plant and make records/recommendations on preventive or corrective measures.
- Cost optimization within all plant operations for meeting OPEX and budgets.
- Providing technical specification for mechanical spare parts and equipment purchase.
- Preparing and timely submitting of production reports, along with variances, if any
- Improve production efficiency of all the packing machines and reduce wastage of packing materials.
- Monitor dispatches of all products and carry out stocks reconciliation at plant periodically
- Monitoring labour performance, rating their efficiency, building a positive work culture and enforcing good product handling practices during maintenance, production and dispatch.
- To ensure optimum capacity utilization of machines, material and manpower for achieving productivity.
- Mentoring and imparting technical training/knowledge to staff for better working.
- Ensure basic principles of food safety are implemented and adhered to, for the entire food chain, starting from raw material handling, processing, packaging and dispatch of finished goods.
- To carry out continuous improvement in area of operation for improving safe work environment
- Maintain and upkeep of Plant hygiene by ensuring good manufacturing practices all the time
- Responsible for statutory compliance for all quality and production standards per the laws of Zambia
1. Proficiency and experience in handling production, and quality, with an understanding of maintenance
a. Experience in operations and maintenance of single/twin screw extruders, oil expeller, belt conveyor type band dryers, coolers, bucket elevator, screw conveyors, hammer mills, FFS packing machines is a plus
2. Ensuring audits compliance by government bodies and other external agencies
3. Experience with international standards for food safety management systems (a must)
a. Certified auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 22001 or FFSC 22001 is a plus
4. Project Management experience for new product development
5. Well versed with utility requirements in the operation of diesel generator, steam and thermal oil fluid boiler
6. Efficiently managing a supply chain to ensure minimal down time, by preventive maintenance coordination and timely ordering spares and consumables, whilst managing cost
7. Ability to carry out input/output documentation for all processing parameters and other raw materials against finished goods produced periodically
8. Managing internal and external customers within the business
9. Ensure meeting of all legal/statutory requirements for business and licenses are up to date pertaining to guidelines within country of operation. (as applicable)
10. Managing large diverse team members across quality, production and coordination with maintenance for effective factory operations
11. Bachelor of Science or Food Technology (Masters is a plus)
12.Minimum 10 years working experience in related field
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .