Product/Account Management Head
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Product/Account Management Head
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end-users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.
Through its 3-2-1 Platform, Viamo connects individuals, influencers, and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions and improve their livelihoods. The 3-2-1 Platform touched the lives of more than 11 million users, globally, in 2021 and we are aiming high to meet our goal of reaching 100 million users in 2026 with benefits including but not limited to access to information, remote training, and accessing vouchers.
About the role
The Product/Account Management Head will be a senior member and an integral part of the Viamo team in Zambia and a driving force behind the company’s platform growth strategy. As the Product/Account Management Head, you will be responsible for transforming and significantly scaling the impact and revenue potential of the existing Platform. You will do this through building and maintaining MNO/Telco relationships and aligning their business needs with Viamo’s business and impact objectives. A successful candidate can empathize with Viamo’s users to understand how we can broaden the reach of our platform and increase engagement with Viamo’s mobile solutions as well as Viamo’s partners (our clients) to understand their priorities and how large-scale mobile communication can help them reach their goals.
A successful Product/Account Management Head will:
• Expand the reach of the platform within the country and substantially increase user engagement levels. (Monthly Active Users/Monthly User Benefits).
o Uncover, translate and serve user needs around potential solutions.
o Analyze user behavior on the product by monitoring all key indicators to identify potential challenges and brainstorm innovative solutions.
o Identify and establish partnerships that will multiply and diversify the platform’s value proposition.
o Test hypotheses and solutions in-country, in collaboration with the 3-2-1 Global Product Team through an iterative process and data-driven decision-making.
• Oversee in-country monitoring, quality control, and success of the platform.
• Support the Country Manager/Director to secure new business contracts for the 3-2-1 Platform and create monetization opportunities for the platform.
• Own and maintain MNO/Telco relationships including but not limited to:
o Ensuring the continuation of existing MNO relationships including liaising with MNO marketing and legal teams and taking ownership of contractual matters that will help achieve business goals and safeguard interests.
o Pitch and build new relationships to make the 3-2-1 Platform a multi MNO Platform.
o Ideate and help create additional shared value features and services on the platform for business viability for all stakeholders i.e., MNO/Telcos, content partners, and marketing channels.
• Determine opportunities that can further strengthen the value proposition of the 3-2-1 Platform in-country-engage with key public, non-government, and private stakeholders to create new partnerships.
• Lead and guide the in-country 3-2-1 Team to ensure responsibilities pertaining to platform structure, content management, and impact reporting are performed as per the required quality.
Key Performance Indicators
• Expansion & launch of the 3-2-1 Platform to additional MNOs in the country.
• Monthly Active Users (Acquisition)
• Monthly User Benefits (Content Messages Listened to) (Engagement & Retention)
• Monthly revenue generation from the 3-2-1 Platform
We’re looking for someone who has a demonstrated passion for Viamo’s vision and mission. Our ideal candidate has :
• At least 5 years of experience in a Product/ Account Management role. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who have experience in Key Account Management, Products, or Business Development for MNO/Telcos, Telecommunication System integrators, and Telecom Partnerships. Additionally, the candidate has at least two years of field experience in product development or product design.
• The ideal candidate has experience overseeing information products and services delivered through IVR, SMS, and USSD (to basic phone users) and a deep understanding of how to improve user experience on such platforms.
• A track record of growing the user base and engagement levels on a mobile product/service.
• Proven experience in pitching to and negotiating with a C-suite audience.
• Experience working with Viamo’s partners. Our partners include all large organizations working in emerging markets: international development agencies, healthcare providers, financial institutions, agricultural input suppliers, etc.
• Experience working in both a cross-functional, multi-cultural team environment and working autonomously to deliver results with limited day-to-day oversight.
• Good communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment as per organizational needs.
• Multilingual abilities, especially the local languages of Zambia are an asset.
Educational Qualifications: Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, management, computer science, engineering, marketing, economics, or a related field.
Team and Reporting Structure
• The role reports to the Country Director
• The 3-2-1 Product Manager reports to this role
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2022