At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- The Procurement Officers primary responsibility is to issue, confirm and expedite allocated groups of Purchase Orders for goods to support the Processing and Engineering Departments in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- The Procurement Officer is expected to regularly communicate with suppliers, logistics section, receiving section, freight forwarders and transporters and other stakeholders to ensure goods arrive in required time frame.
- Procurement Officer shall work as a member of the Commercial team and will be expected to build and maintain professional working relationships with internal (warehouse, accounts, logistics, onsite customers) and external (suppliers, freight forwarders, buying houses) to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Construct update and present expediting reports for routine and project/event goods procurement for internal stakeholders particularly for shut down, breakdown, critical components and projects
- Plan and execute expediting activities by phone, in person and by email with suppliers for allocated region/s, suppliers or categories
- Ensure dates and information in Pronto is accurate, updated and valid for Purchase Orders in the assigned Purchase Order group.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably assigned by the Lead Buyer / Supervisor
- Ensure documentation is filed as hard copy or electronically.
- Timely resolution of receiving/accounts queries on Purchase Orders
Job Specific Competencies
- Keep track of incoming and outgoing orders, handle issues such as order status, cancellation or changes and ensure that goods arrive on schedule
- Operational link between suppliers, logistics and receiving teams.
- Ensure required levels of materials are available as required onsite in accordance with warehouse reorder parameters, and project plans.
- Ensure Suppliers are held to account to supply ‘on time’.
- Build and maintain end user confidence in procurement function capability.
- Prompt customer service and timely feedback on queries.
Key Job Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Excellent typing and writing skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Unquestionable integrity
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Experience required to perform in this job
The Procurement Officer will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Communication with local and international suppliers and freight forwarders
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Pronto
- Strong skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding of warehousing and inventory management
- A basic understanding of commercial law, tax, economics, logistics and remote mine site supply chain management
- Knowledge in basic health and safety
- At least 2 years’ experience in the same or similar position (preferably in the mining industry)(desirable).
- Degree in a Commercial or Technical discipline
- Commenced CIPS Qualifications
- Fully paid up Member of (Zambia institute of Purchasing and Supply) ZIPS
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .