Jobs at:Project HOPE Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a Technical partner to Centre for Infectious Disease Research (CIDRZ) in Zambia, on a five (5) years USAID funded Empowered Youth Program III (USAID EYP III). The USAID EYP III is implemented in Lusaka and Eastern Provinces. The goal of the EYP III project is to mitigate the impact of HIV and improve the health and wellbeing of VCA through the delivery of high-impact, evidence-informed, and age-appropriate interventions customized for each VCA sub-population using a family-centered approach.
Project HOPE seeks to recruit a Procurement Assistant on full-time basis. The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing of goods and services that provide value for money through procurement processes, which are fair, competitive, transparent and compliant to Project HOPE and Donor rules, regulations and applicable laws. Delivery shall be of Right Quality, Right Price, Right Time and Right Supplier.
• Manage procurement execution pursuant to Project HOPE procurement policies and processes. Facilitate payment process and reconciliation.
• Procurement Assistant will take the lead in the sourcing process using the Procurement Committees and aligning closely with the requester. Additionally, negotiation and benefits capture will be within the mandate of the Procurement.
• Requesting for quotations.
• Will be responsible for identifying available suppliers for each requested item and managing the commercial relationship with suppliers.
• Ensure overall best value for money, adherence to essential and ethical standards through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time, transport and storage costs.
• Responsible for preparation of the comprehensive procurement reports, depicting the real issues faced, suggested action plans and support required.
• Responsible for preparation of comparative Bid analysis, purchase orders among others and following up on invoices, goods received notes and timely submission to Finance, ensuring timely processing of invoices with full insight of the budget expenditure projections from the Budget Holders.
• Responsible for scheduling procurement committee meetings, documentation of minutes and provide Technical Procurement Support to the procurement committee.
• Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Reporting and Organizational Relationship:
The Procurement Assistant reports to the Country Representative.
• Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualifications with at least 3 years of experience in a Purchasing Department in an International organization.
• Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid practicing license.
• Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure.
• Good working knowledge of donor programs such as PEPFAR, USAID and/or CDC is preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Fluent in English and any Zambian languages.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please email application and CV to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate, “ Procurement Assistant ” on your email heading. Closing Date: 26th July 2021