GROWING WHAT MATTERS
Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
We’re hiring for Precision Phenotyping and Parent Characterization Research.
Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
As Precision Phenotyping and Parent Characterization Research you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of product and parent testing efforts in the region assigned and will report into local research leadership in Lusaka, Zambia. You will be responsible for ensuring safe, effective and efficient execution of experiments and testing protocol for your region of responsibility and ensures the generation of high-quality data for use in product advancement decisions. You will drive the characterization of inbred and hybrid parents through precision ear photometry phenotyping.
You Will Be Part of Growing Team
The African Plant Breeding Research and Development team innovatively develops hybrid seed product to serve African producers and consumers.
- Execution of high quality experiments supporting product development and deployment
- Driving precision phenotyping and genetic gain
- Deploying global technology to improve efficiency in local solutions
- Building collaborative testing networks to produce high quality data
- Representing the voice of producers in product development efforts
Key Stakeholders And Interactions
Corteva Plant Breeding Research and Development teams with a strong local and regional focus. Seed Production and Supply Chain teams. Regular and routine interaction with farmers and cooperators. Routine interaction with Research Equipment Specialist teams regionally.
To Grow What Matters. You Will Need
- MSc in plant breeding or agricultural related field
- 3-5 years minimum experience in conducting research field trials
- Experience in the seed industry required. Experience in ESCA Maize related research preferred
- Experience in photometry and photometric data analysis preferred
- Experience in parent characterization and maize UPOV descriptors
- Knowledge of breeding nurseries and seed production
- Knowledge of and experience in using quality management system
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring inventory management
- Knowledge of current/modern breeding methodologies/approaches
- Accurate and precision minded individual
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time is critical
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to: lift up to 15Kg, work outside in all kinds of weather, stand/sit for extended periods of time, operate specialized field equipment
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
- Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility
University degree or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit zm.talent.com .