Jobs at:Corteva Agriscience
Deadline of this Job:
06 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Growing What Matters Starts with You
Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
We’re hiring for Plant Supervisor
Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
As Plant Supervisor you will be responsible for
• Supervises a staff of production employees.
• Set daily, weekly objectives and communicate them to employees
• Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
• Ensures adherence to established operations and safety policies and procedures.
• Maintains standards in the areas of housekeeping, safety, attendance, operational discipline, process safety management.
• Responsible for communications up and down the line and for assuring that communications from team members are accurate and complete.
• Submit reports on Processing performance and progress
• Responsible for responding to personnel, operational and safety and environmental incidents.
• Ensure work is completed in accordance with production schedules
• Identify issues in efficiency & Productivity and suggest improvements
• Ensure optimum Utilization of the Processing plant
• Helps in workforce planning and hiring activities of seasonal Workers
• Monitors product quality throughout production cycle ensuring appropriate activities occur to meet quality plan
You Will Be Part of Growing Team
As a Plant Supervisor you will oversee our production operations. You’ll guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows in a fast-paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs.
The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
• Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the Plant.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• On time delivery of Products and of the right quality and amount
• Excellent inventory management abilities
• Excellent People leader
Key Stakeholders and Interactions
• Supply Chain Department
• Commercial and Sales
• Quality Assurance and Quality
• Finance and Procurement
• Field Agronomists
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
• Degree or Diploma in Production Management, Engineering or Equivalent
• 2-5 years’ experience in a similar or related role
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Thorough understanding of company products and Plant operations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Who Are We Looking For?
• Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
• Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
• Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
• Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
• Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
• Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
• Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
• Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
• Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
• Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
• Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
• Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.