Hope Walks Zambia is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Part-time Finance and Administration Assistant to provide accounting support, financial integrity and record keeping for Hope Walks by supporting the Program Manager in Finance management, compliance and record keeping, and by assisting in maintaining accurate data and monitoring supplies.
Duty station: Lusaka
The Finance and Administration Assistant will assist the program in the following activities:
- Ensure proper recording and filing of financial documents, data and correspondence as well as ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents.
- Support the clinical supervisor and counseling coordinator in collecting, analyzing and reporting clinical and counseling data
- Assist in the procurement of approved budget item and monitor supplies and update Bin cards as per Hope Walks Guidelines
- Assist in planning of specific activities / events such trainings, meetings etc.
- Update financial records and keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain financial policies throughout the Hope Walks office
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports and provide clarifications that may require.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A committed Christian who demonstrates the commitment and willingness to work in accordance with the values and ethics of Hope Walks, In line with the mission and statement of faith of Hope Walks
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and strong financial management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational ability including the ability to work independently and under direction
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer-based skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google drive and e-mail
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
Attention to Details:
- Planning, Prioritizing, & Goal Setting ability.
- Communication Skills
- Initiative, Flexibility, & Problem Solving –
- A relevant Degree in Accounting/Finance (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance), equivalent combination of knowledge and experience or a Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Experience in a Finance and Administration position
- Experience working with NGO donor funds.
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit their applications electronically via e-mail consisting only of a cover letter and CV to the program manager, on the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hope Walks reserves the right to re-advertise if suitable candidate is not found.