At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
Supervise production line operations in accordance with Mining Regulations M.R. 207, plant policies and procedures. Ensure smooth production operations during different shifts.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings and communicate safety concerns, production figures and targets
- Meet daily set safety and health and environmental KPIs
- Sign daily the shift safety log book and check that it’s filled in correctly
- Ensure equipment is operated as per operating instructions.
- Ensure effective communication to all direct report
- Ensure that tools and PPE’s are readily available for all employees
- Generate training schedule for production line employees in line with the skill matrix for every employee.
- Generate and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure Plant Task Observations (PTOs) are carried out
- Responsible to meet the daily production goals (Tonnages and Recovery)
- Responsible for quality control.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Ensure that defects and potential plant stoppers are reported and captured.
- Attend the weekly engineering planning meeting
- Guild and provide supervision to shift controllers during start-ups and shutdowns
- Give guidance to shift controllers and control room operators on improving plant performances during upset conditions.
- Ensure effective implementation of change management
- Responsible to ensure discipline and working hours are observed by subordinates and contractors.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide frequent feedback
- Ensure that shift controllers are working according to their duties guidelines
- Ensure that Operators log sheets are signed by controllers.
- Co-ordinate the monthly planned shutdown activities
- Inform the Superintendent and/or the Plant manager whenever an emergency occurs
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree or Diploma in Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years relevant plant experience in the hydrometallurgy or related field
- Supervisory experience in plant operations.
- High Pressure Leaching (HPL) operations experience will be an advantage
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Valid drivers’ license
- Computer literate
- Standby duties
- Working at heights
- Confined spaces
- Understanding of corrosive and toxic substances
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .